Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Heerlen....Week 2

Hoi Familie!

What a week.. wow.. felt like you dad, traveled all the time this week!! Tuesday traveled an hour and back to Eindhoven for district meeting.. wednesday traveled 3 hours one way to Amsterdam to get my legality, thursday traveled two hours one way to Brussels then one hour one way to Gent.. the friday went back to Heerlen, Saturday rode a bus for an hour going to this little tiny village in the middle of nowhere to an investigators house, then Sunday I got to go to Germany for the first time! But wow.. tons and tons of traveling.. but really cool week as well, not every day, you can say I traveled and visited three different countries in a half week =)

Like I said was able to go back to Amsterdam, after getting my legality card, we were able to have lunch with a Young Adult from there, Elder Robert served in Amsterdam also about a year ago, and so it was fun to be able to just I guess “relax” in Amsterdam talking about old times.. ha ha I can’t believe I can do that now.. reminisce about old times?? What in the world.. Anyways.. off too Brussels, we traveled all the way there.. got there around 7, hadn’t eaten at all.. so we went with one of the office elders to get dinner.. and where did we go?? To dominos of course and got a pizza! Spent the next day in Gent on exchanges with Elder Brown who is a transfer younger than me.. got to play the big bad senior companion again =) We went for a lot of the day to the city of Brugge which is a very very beautiful old city.. It’s in there area and Elder Brown had never been.. so we decided why not just go there and do some finding.. pretty cool, as I don’t know if I’ll ever have the opportunity to go back. They say that Amsterdam and Brugge our the two prettiest cities in the mission.. check that off my list of places to see while I’m here =) We also during this past week had some bus trips to small little towns in the middle of nowhere like I said above.. long.. but beautiful.. being able to see the countryside and the rolling hills.. I’m definitely in an amazing place. Yesterday, in germany after eating lunch with the family, as they drove us home, they stopped in the city of acchen, germany, and showed us around. It’s an extremely old city, and was actually charlamaigne’s capitol they say.. we went inside his cathedral.. parts of that cathedral has been around since 800 a.d.. pretty dang old.. Had the family write a little note to Stefani in german of course, just saying I was in germany.. When I finally send my stuff home it’ll be in there =) And talking about sending stuff home, I talked with a few American’s, and they will be more than happy to drop off my boxes for me.. talking to one family they said this one size of box will cost 15 dollars but it can weigh any amount.. so since I have this extra American money laying around (thanks to all who sent me American money =)) It won’t be a problem and I’ll be able to send you some Dutch Stuff =) Last week, I saw the cartoon Asterix and it was only a couple of euro’s.. so of course I got it =) Thought of dad ha ha

So for language, been reading those children story books about the book of mormon and old testament, new testament, doctrines and convenants.. finished the book of mormon book, and about half way through the doctrine and convenants book! It’s pretty neat because it’s simpler dutch obviously, but to be able to read it, and understand everything is a pretty neat feeling.. and plus reading the doctrine and covenants book, reading stories that I’ve never heard before, I feel like I’m understanding the D$C a lot better! My next one will be the old testament.. also got the packet that was sent to Den Haag.. thanks for everything in there, the Tootsie rolls were a nice surprise =) Thanks for all the leafs as well.. I think I have enough for a VERY long time =) Broke my camera though earlier this week.. so I don’t have any pictures of Heerlen.. got to look for a new one.. but I’ve spent enough money already so I feel kinda bad about spending more.. Hopefully I’ll see one on sell or something.. let’s see is there anything else.. I dunno.. hopefully stefi get’s her call this week! Looking forward to hearing where my little sis goes!! =) ha ha ha Okay

Love you all Familie thanks again for the emails,

Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment