Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Heerlen...week 4

Geachte familie..



Ik ben heel verbaasd over het nieuws van de familie!! Tjonge Jonge..

First comes first, congratulations Stefani! Manila huh.. craziness.. really ironic since my ward mission leader went on his mission to the phillipines, and his wife is from the phillipines, every tuesday I get treated to good ol’ phillipino food. I think it’s delicious, so nothing to worry about stefi ;) Also really cool, because in the past few weeks I was listening to some talks by Pres. Hinckley and some of the things in his talks were about the phillipines and the missionary work history of the country. Really cool.. Really neat.. It’s a blessed place, and your going to really enjoy it. Also the temple in manila is very beautiful, kinda like the Frankfurt temple in design.
Tiffani.. way to be.
Mitch & Nikki.. hi.
Kim.. Jealous.

And thanks to everyone else that sent emails.. I just repeat myself every week I think, but I really do appreciate all the emails, telling me about your lives.. what’s happening back home.. ;) So this week, like I hinted at last week was a pretty busy week, had a lot of appointments with new people, and the results of all those appointments resulted in some pretty amazing investigators we now have. Let me tell you about some of them. Bobby is a guy we met ringing door bells in a big apartment building.. he let us in, because his hobby is religion.. Reads a lot and has studied most all of the major religions in the world.. didn’t know much about us.. just knew that we had a bunch of wives or something.. =P But we were able to talk to him, and read out of the book of mormon about adam and eve, and after he was saying stuff like “wow, never thought of that before”, and “Yeah that makes sense, never heard that before” Well we got a return appointment, and that return appointment was this last saturday, we taught the plan of salvation, but for that week, he had begun reading out of the book of mormon on his own, and said that he wanted to check out the church sometime.. really cool to see.. also pretty neat moment happened with him. I’ve had this feeling to carry around the conference issue of the liahona with me.. and had been doing so for the past week.. never having the opportunity to share it with anyone until bobby was saying how a couple of years ago when his mother died he went to church and the guy just stood up there talking about stuff that happened two thousand years ago.. and he didn’t see how that helped him, now. I was able to share the conference issue with him, bearing my testimony that it was things being said directly to us, not something that happened two thousand years ago.. it was a really neat moment, he liked it, and took it, and our next appointment with him is this tuesday, so we’ll see what happens with him! It was just neat to see the answer as to why I was carrying that magazine with me for the past week.. it was meant for him.. only problem was I was studying that magazine for my language study! =S Oh well.. I guess I can find other dutch material to read ;)

Grace is also a really cool person that were teaching, she invited us to a “bible study” and so we got to go, and be with all these college kids who actually want to learn about the bible.. pretty big change to see a group of people who are actually religious! But it was neat, they were all really nice to us, and we got to answer a lot of questions about our church.. we’ll see what happens with that too..

Got to play sports again on saturday, that was sweet! Glad to know I can still hit 10 free throws in a row.. haven’t completely lost my touch.. yet =P

Well I hope all is well with you family.. thanks for the prayers, and know that you all are getting prayed for from this end as well.. I’m probably leaving out some neat stories, a lot has happened this week but, that’s all I got for this week! Het spijt me!

Ik hou van jullie! Bedankt voor alles! Tot Ziens tot de volgende week!


Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment