Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heerlen... week 6

Hoi Familie!
Sorry.. late again.. but had a really fun p-day! We went to the three
point mark.. where germany, netherlands and belgium meet.. that was neat to
go to.. the highest point in the netherlands is also right by there.. then
we went to an american grave site.. i forget the name, but i have never
seen those cemetaries with the rows and rows of white crosses.. that was
really neat also, really feel a lot of gratitude for all those americans that
gave there lives for freedom.. after that we went to a city called
valkenburg and got to explore an old castle.. it says it was the only fortress in the netherlands.. it was pretty amazing.. amazing how they can build such
buildings with the technology that they had.. but that was my p-day.. so a lot of traveling and a lot of sight seeing! but we have great members here,
that let me use there computers ;)
So transfers this week.. and yup.. you can guess.. I'm packing my bags again! ... oh whoops, just kidding, I'm actually staying!!! craziness, but now my companion is the getting transfered.. he's going to a city called eindhoven which is actually in our district, and the elder there, elder mickelson is coming to be my companion, so they just switched places.. I couldn't be more excited to know my companion this time around as I know elder mickelson pretty well, he's going on his 6th and he was actually elder de meesters greenie right before i came.. so i replaced him in amsterdam.. and we've been in the same zone every transfer i've been in the land.. really cool guy, from salt lake, and went to byu.. likes sports.. so it's going to be a lot of fun i think!! I had a feeling that Elder Robert was going to be transferred and I made a list in my mind who would be a good companion to help keep and expand the work...my thoughts kept coming to Elder Mickelson even though we are both young in the mission field. Heavenly Father knows what we all need and I have learned from each companion many things. I don''t have a lot of time, so you get a sorry email this week =P but thanks for all the emails1 almost had a heart attack
when I saw the browns emailing me11 =P ha ha just kidding, thanks for everything,
and glad everyone's lives is going great! Love,
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment