Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30th

(Note: the first line is in reference to last week when Elder Mohrman asked teasingly, whose email will we open up first now that his sister is also on a mission and entered the MTC this week. I replied it depends how he looks at it as she will be in the Philippines and so a day ahead so we will get her emails on Sunday and his on Monday. So he was told that he could view it as we read his first and then six days later read hers or we read hers first and then his the next day...)

hoi family!

I think I"m going to look at it that you read my email first, and then after six days of pondering over my experiences and stories then you'll be ready to read stefi's.. =D Ha ha Nah Just kidding.. That's exciting for her, I'm glad she has a big group. She'll really enjoy it.. I don't know how much she would have enjoyed being in a situation like I was in.. but I can see that situation I was in was perfect for me, for my growth and the situation stefi is in is perfect for her and her personal growth.. Interesting how people need different things ;) I hope that my few thoughts were appreciated by her..I just feel sometimes to share stuff with the family, and so I do.. If Icould, I'd go back to the MTC, and so I just really wanted to let Stefi know the amazingness of the MTC, because so many missionary's elders and sisters, they don't appreciate it while there there.. That's awesome your reading the New Testament the way you are.. I just finished the book of mormon.. and now I've committed myself to read all the other standard works.. starting with the New Testament, and then Doctrine and Covenants and then I'll tackle the Old Testament.. but I really want to read all the scriptures on my mission..
It'll be fun to be able to share our thoughts to each other as we read the New Testament at the same time! =)
I am learning more and more about the importance of communication. Missions are a great way to learn about patience and working with people. I can't be like I was back home and let people stew and not talk to them about problems.. problems just don't go away with time..and so they need to be addressed sooner than later.. these are good lessons.. If there's just communication with investigators, members and even companions, then things can always be so much better..
I am hoping to be moving on this next transfer so I can work on Dutch more but I am excited to think that I will end with a baptism! It's been so neat to see the progression of Lilian, from coming only for one hour to church, then to two hours the next sunday, and then to all of church.. to now this past sunday she even wore a skirt! Her prayers are night and day difference, she prays to the father in the name of Jesus now.. and it was neat to see that progression.. she's an interesting lady and definitely a blessing for me.
Also last thing, yesterday for memorial day, we were able to go to margratten or to an american world war 2 cemetary.. the biggest in the netherlands.. and you know it's the classic row upon row of white crosses..but they had a ceremony there, and it was huge thousands of people, it was just neat to be apart of and witness.. made me think how these young americans came over to liberate the dutch from physical oppression, and now here I and the other missionary's, young americans come over to free this people from a spiritual bondage.. kind of a neat thought..
I recieved the packages.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I have a lessen with Lilian actually in five minutes so don't have time to write more.. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts..I do want to hear more about people’s missions though.. mom got out her journals and I've committed her to read through them again and share stories with me.. I'd love for others to do the same.. so.. that would mean a lot!
Ik hou van jullie gezichten! (I love ya'll faces!)
Your coolest missionary... son =)
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment