Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference time again...i love conference...

Familie!!

Another week.. another month.. wow de tijd vliegd voobij.. You know, i´ve heard from a few of you that I don´t express much feelings in my emails.. sorry for that.. so if your wondering how i´m feeling.. and I know you all are.. you wonder´ers.... simply put .. i´m happy. We sometimes use that word lightly in the english language.. say it without thinking what it really means.. but that´s truly how I feel right now, i´m just happy. It´s a good time on my mission :)
One because god is just pouring out blessing after blessing, and were growing so much with our investigators, Bas, who is battleing depression, didn´t have the best week, but at the same time didn´t have the worst week either.. he´s making progression and it´s noticable, and what´s neater is that he notices it as well.. Pat.. we had an appointment with her husband, he´s pretty arrogand and a prideful, but the end result is he´s going to read the book of mormon, and he´s given permission for her to be baptized.. officially.. Tom.. my dutch friend.. I found out this week I was giving him too much credit, he´s not around 55.. turns out he´s 62, but we met with him twice this week, hasn´t happened that much, we watched the thomas s. monson film with him.. I was able to see the holy ghost touch this man through the stories and words of our prophet.. and see that he hasn´t had this feeling in his life very much.. he has a lot of what we would say in dutch "drempels".. but he´s progressing, ever so slowly he´s progressing, and being filled with the light of christ.. Eliza.. our young lady friend we met a few weeks ago, she came to conference, and met so many people from the church, and I think she liked it.. at least enough to come back and give it a try to see if it´s the church for her.. My district.. there awesome, all of them. Learn so much from them, and were really united as a district.. also adds to a person´s happiness.. At General conference I was able to see my chinese friend from Den Haag, Sun.. who was baptized after I left.. it was so sweet to see him, and see him on the same day as Dwight and Natasje who also came.. and also Aaltje, who also came.. All these people who I´ve taught and they were baptized all in one place watching conference as members!.. it was a happy moment :) General Conference is always amazing, you get filled with the spirit, and you hear things in different ways that just click and mean a lot for you.. I loved the story of the seventy, in his first week was feeling overwhelmed.. and down.. who came into the elevator.. president monson.. told him to look up.. it´s always better to look up.. I thought that was such a beautiful simple example of what the role of prophets are.. there here to remind us to look up.. keep our focus clear.. All of conference was amazing, naturally, and I could talk forever about all of it.. really suprised about Provo.. really neat..
Well this past week has also been a very chinese filled week... ate at a chinese buffet with some members last monday, and then coming back from district leader council, I talked with a chinese man on the train, about comic books of all things.. that led to faith and what I was doing and I guess my testimony of what faith is touched him enough, that were now going to meet him, and he´s going to take us to a comic book store.. hopefully we´ll be able to get him to the jovo centrum.. I think he´ll come.. he´s a cool guy.. Also again I got to see sun again, and the Rotterdam north elders have a chinese investigator named lee, who will be baptized this month.. pretty cool to see sun helping this guy along.. Anyways.. a lot of things have happened.. life is happy..
Love you all,
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment