Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mixed emotions ....

Familie!

Another week.. another transfer?!! It's that time once again, where we missionary's find out our future for the next six weeks.. well.. I'm no longer district leader to start off with.. Elder Klippel who lives in the apartment he's now district leader, and also he's training.. cool for him.. he'll do great.. That means that Elder Guanuna, the elder that's been with me my whole time in Spijkenisse, in the apartment, he's being kicked out.. and he's now going to my old city of Amsterdam, he's pretty excited.. but kinda sad that our time living in the same apartment is over, he's become a good friend.. Elder Da cruz.. he's become senior companion! Elder Brown, who replaced me in heerlen.. is now replacing me again!! So now i'm heading onto my 5th city going into my 9th transfer.. and the city that i'm going too.. *drum roll.. Antwerpen! The second biggest city in Belgium.. so there you go.. both countries can now be checked off the list! I'm excited, i've heard a lot of great things about antwerpen.. it was the old assistant city.. and now it's the zone leader city for the antwerpen zone.. so yeah.. i'm no longer a district leader, but now I've been called to be a zone leader! Which means.. I get a car.. i am going to drive in europe.. unbelievable, I think that's the thing I'm most nervous about! It's a stick shift, which will be fun, but I haven't driven in over a year, 13 months to be exact.. and now i get stick shift in crazy belgium.. please include my safety in your prayers at night!! =P As you can probably imagine, I have mixed feelings about this.. I'm excited about going to Antwerpen, about going to belgium, about how much I will be stretched with this new calling.. but at the same time.. I love spijkenisse.. I love the people here, both members of the church, and also the investigators.. it's hard.. I don't like goodbye's, and I've already said goodbye to some of people I've taught.. rough. Hendryetta the dutch girl who is still working on being baptized.. she sent some beautiful texts this morning thanking me, and saying she considers me a true friend.. and thanks for listening and helping her.. that's neat.. i copied her text into my journal.. Tom, my old dutch friend, I haven't told him, but that's going to be a rough goodbye as well.. we had such a spiritually intense lessen with him this past week.. where we bore our heart and soul to him, telling him as clearly as we could about the message that we share.. it's the most bold i've ever been with an investigator, and he responded really well.. i've never told anyone that I loved them before, but I told Tom that.. and it's true.. as a missionary you learn what love is.. and the different type of love that's out there. The ward, so many great people, I don't know how I'm going to be able to visit them all before I leave, in fact I know I can't.. and that's hard.. I wish they gave us more time in between transfers, so the departing missionary can say goodbye.. but tonight, I'm going to go play squash with the men of the church.. they have a little club, and they compete for this trophy.. there all going to be there, and I'm going to have a chance to play them all.. there cocky.. it's funny, but they said that if I beat them, I can sign my name on the trophy that there competing for, and one of them said, if I did manage to beat them, I can take the trophy with me.. I can't wait.. but really neat that they would organize this for me.. so many bonds and friendships made here.. Well the antwerpen zone is the zone that heerlen is in, so I'll be able to go back and visit.. which will be really nice, see some old faces.. but this is truly the next chapter of my mission and I'm looking forward to it.. thanks for all your prayers and support I love you all..
I asked for the address for my new apartment.. and I think it is

laarsebaan 374
2170 merksem
Belgium

But that doesn't seem right to me.. so if you would like to send some packages or letters, there are zone conferences and also zone leader councils that will be taking place soon I'll have every opportunity to pick them up in the office and the office address is

schipolweg 66
2316 xe leiden
netherlands

I guess Antwerpen will be my city for the rest of the year.. probably, anything can happen but at least til the beginning of december.. I also today sent two packages home.. filled with junk i've collected in spijkenisse and heerlen.. but I also put a lot of dutch stuff for you all, treats and lekker dingetjes.. so enjoy ;) Also two memory cards full of my memories.. so hope you enjoy going through my life for the past 6-7 months ;)

Well family.. I love you, I think about you and pray for you guys always, and next email you'll get will be from belgium!

Tot Ziens!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment