Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

Hoi Familie! 
 
Another transfer!  And... I am staying put, Elder Frahm is sadly gone, so I am getting a new, yet old companion!  Elder Da Cruz is coming!  My brazilian buddy, i'm excited i had a blast with him in Spijkenisse, and now we get round two with each other.. pretty interesting, doesn't happen very often that you get the chance to serve with someone in two different cities, but just another unique thing to add onto my list of unique things for my mission =) 
It was a good week, started off really really well, had some really neat lessen with people.. Sonia, she is from Suriname, we gave her a book of mormon a week before our second appointment, and when we came for the second appointment she had read all the way to the middle of Jacob!  Super cool lady, super prepared, came back talked about baptism, she had problems at first, but we sorted them out, and asked us if she would be able to come to our church!  Amazing right.. except she didn't come =0  We haven't been able to get contact with her, but we have a scheduled appointment for tonight, i have been praying and stressing about her for the past couple days, so i really do hope the appointment goes through.. It's heartbreaking when you find someone so prepared and have such a spiritual expirience with them, and then lose them for one reason or another.. it hurts inside =O I don't know if I ever told you about Dirk, but had an amazing first couple appointments with this man, he loved the book of mormon, read in it, testified of the truthfulness of it, said he felt goosebumps when he was talking to us, lost contact with him for two weeks, got back into contact with him, and he was just amazing, set a baptismal date with him, then that sunday, supposed to come to church, and texted us and said he recieved an answer from god and that he's going to stay protestant.. so sad, and he won't pick up or anything so we can't talk it out with him.. We had good appointments with Christiana as well... she is not going to be baptized this coming sunday however, she doesn't feel comfortable being baptized so soon after giving birth, an african culture thing, so she's going to wait out the "period of uncleaness" in there culture, and so she'll be baptized at the end of January now.. still really positive, and so i'm happy that i'm still going to be here! 
Kwame and Elizabeth, we invited them both to come to church, but they partied to hard, and weren't able to come =0  Teaching them is going slower, they just don't understand alot!  We have to teach using pictures, and object lessens which i haven't done my entire mission.. it's interesting, but they should also get baptized this coming transfer.. Well.. I already shared a little of the story with Tiffani about her refferal she gave me, it went really well, had a good conversation with the kid, and he dished out 70 euros treating us to lunch =0 And he texted us after saying his mom wants to cook for us.. so cool, return appointment, and we'll see how it goes! 
Well.. I suppose that's about all.. made my goals for this coming year, and number one on the list, is finishing my mission strong!  I figure the way i finish my mission will be a huge indicator how my life will go after the mission, finding drive to do things and what not, so there it is, written down now and official!  I will finish these last 8 months strong! =)  You all are my witnessess now!
Okay, let you know how everything is next week!
Chow (as they would say in brazil)
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment