Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19th

Hoi familie! 

*Deep Sigh*  I survived this week!  Through sickness, bad haircuts, zone training, exchanges, and failed baptismal interviews, I survived!  I've had a bit of a cold all week, I went through 5 rolls of toilet paper this past week!  I did not know that a human body could produce so much snot!  But oh well, life went on, Monique did indeed get baptized which was very very good!  I had the opportunity to baptize her and it was a very special moment.  Stressful getting to it! But it happened, We went on a mini-exchange with the district leader so he could perform the interview on saturday, they take almost an hour! and then I hear his voice saying "Our mission president will need to finish the interview.."  I'm just thinking ahh blast!  She started to cry, and asked if she would still be able to be baptized the next day.. we look at each other, and I just said, we'll call you tonight..  We go in a frenzy calling people, trying to reach our mission president and his wife, to no avail.. things weren't looking good for Monique's baptism, but her faith is so strong and god wanted to happen, our mission president calls us, and he just happens to be in Belgium driving in the direction of Antwerpen to go back to the Netherlands.. he's able to come to Antwerpen, and we call Monique, she is able to come last minute to the church, they have the interview again, and she got baptized!  Her whole story Moniques is just miracle after miracle, really neat to be apart of it!  And what added to it, was Isaac and Christiana stayed to watch the baptism as well as Jen.. everyone that I have seen baptized was there.. just kind of neat =) I told Isaac and Christiana that I'll probably be leaving, they were pretty sad, so I'm going over an extra time to there house this week just to spend time with them.. but I'll be ready for the next chapter of my mission if it does indeed come in a week =0 
Well, there are other neat things, miracles that are happening, but I'll save those stories for another day, thanks for all the emails!  I enjoyed the video of the little munchkin the kid is getting big!  Cute kid also =)
Love you loads and thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment