Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Another beautiful day in the Netherlands


Hoi familie! 

First news to report, Stephen was baptized this weekend!  Oh man, it was amazing, the spirit was so strong, just a really amazing service.. You couldn't ask for a better service then the one that he got, just super smooth, lots of people came and supported him, really, really cool, after the service, we were sitting in the back arranging everything, and he runs back to us and says "I couldn't wait" and gives me and my companion a big ol hug!  His wife and daughter spoke at his baptism, expressing there joy and happiness that now every member of the family is baptized.. Were going over tonight for an "African feast" with them =) 
Second news, transfers is this wednesday, we heard last night, I get to stay, no suprise, but I lose my companion, and I'm getting a brand spanking new companion.. I'm training =O Thought it wouldn't happen, thought that I would slip under the radar, but they got me!  Oh well, new challenge, new expirience, so looking forward to it.. trainings last 12 weeks.. I have, as it just so happens, 12 weeks, so this will probably most likely be my last companion.. craziness.. but i'm really happy with the work right now, we have some people that could really progress, and they have already started the journey, going to try and help this one man, his name is Angelo stop with weed.. he's been addicted since he was 11.. going to be probably the hardest person to teach on my entire mission, but he's willing, and he's asking us for help.. it should be interesting.. Never really had to help people stop a hardcore addiction..  We have some other people who should be getting back on the radar, Fang, our chinese friend, has already said that he wants to be baptized, but we haven't had contact with him for a couple of weeks because he's been writing a thesis paper.. but now that should be done, and hopefully we'll be able to get him prepared pretty quickly.. thanks for all the support and love, This is going to be an exciting transfer! 
Love your faces,
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment