Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Amsterdam.. Week 1 =P

Goede middag van Amsterdam mijn familie!!

It's weird.. not going to lie, I"m sitting in a library in amsterdam right now.. about the 6th story, by a window looking out at the city.. it's amazing =) Hopefully my pictures will justify this city! Europe.. well.. all I can say is.. it's not America.. not even close.. they have a lot of the same stuff.. there modern, there civilized, but wow.. different.
Plane ride over here, there was nobody that sat by me.. I had a whole row to myself.. the row in front of me and the row in back of me and the row across from me were all empty.. it was insane.. I got a lot of personal thinking time in.. not much though happened.. I slept a little bit.. read a little bit.. slept.. really uneventful long boring flight =0 Although I did hear my first real dutch being spoken! And I actually recognized it as dutch too!! Didn't know what was said.. but it was dutch!! =)
First day I got here in europe I don't even remember what was going through my head.. it's kinda a blur really.. I met Pres. and sister Brubaker for the first time, (eventually) took a while for us to find each other in the airport.. but it's okay, the lord looked out for me and I met a member from utah visiting Belgium, and I walked with him out to customs and the baggage area, so that was blessing.. went to the mission office, and filled out and went over a bunch of different papers and what not.. had dinner at a greek resturant with the mission assistants.. that was pretty fun and interesting, went back to the mission home then.. and got to open my call to see where I was serving! 'Kinda cool to finally have that moment of opening a mission letter.. since I wasn't able to with my original one.. =P But I got my call to the city of Amsterdam.. so starting off in the most well known city of all of netherlands right from the get go =) My companion or trainor is named Elder de Meester.. which means in dutch "the master" He's great, been really helpful to me, and we get along really great! In amsterdam there is 4 elders and two sisters, so our apartment is a 4 man.. the other two elders elder mccarlie? and elder Garrett both are great as well.. definitely 'having a lot of fun with them ;)
This email is kinda boring and I apologize for that, I didn't really prepare what I wanted to say
Gotta go
Love Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment