Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week 8

Goedemiddag mijn familie!!

this is the last email you will receive from me from america! Pretty crazy to think about. Last thursday I received my flight plans, and I leave on monday! I report to the travel office at 6.. so probably leave 15 minutes after that, and then on my way to another country! That's all fun and dandy, and really exciting, can't even express to you all how excited I am to be leaving.. a little bit of a twist, I am going to be traveling the whole way by myself.. that should be interesting, haven't ever traveled by myself in my life, now I get to go half way around the world, by myself.. should be umm.. interesting.. not going to lie, I'm going to be scared out of my mind!! Probably not to atlanta.. and even from atlanta the first part will be okay.. but half way through that flight, it'll probably hit.. then it's going to be nuts.. going to be interesting to see if I can get any sleep on the flight, I'm going to be so pumped up, I may not!! I dunno, I've been trying hard not to think about it, and it really hasn't set in yet that I am finally leaving.. it was sad I tried to imagine myself walking down a street by the mtc... I couldn't.. That's when I knew I'd been here too long!!

But everything is going great, language is well.. language.. always a work in progress.. sometimes I can speak, other times I can't.. but always learning, always growing so pretty happy about that. I have noticed now that sister kraemer is gone, that my speaking really hasn't improved that much (probably has but I don't see it) but my reading and understanding has improved drastically.. especially the reading, it was pretty cool the other day I started to read out of one of the pamphlets that I've never read out of before and without realizing it I was understanding everything that I was reading!!

The new Dutchees are also pretty cool, Elder White did end up going home, so it's down to 8 elders and 2 sisters, there dutch is improving pretty rapidly as well which also helps me out as well.. It's crazy being the "old one" I've been here the longest in my part of the MTC, so for zone activities, they've been having me help teach ther newer ones, and also give spiritual thoughts.. I teach the other dutchees a lot as well.. it's sometimes a drag, but I really see how teaching is the best way for a person to learn, the grammar principles although still difficult for me to use when speaking I have a pretty good grasp of them now, and that's why my reading and listening has improved so much.

So two weeks ago just a reminder, I had the privilege to see Elder Nelson.. Last week the privilege to see Elder Richard G. Scott.. Last night.. Elder Ballard. Absolutely amazing, after having the fear that I would miss out on seeing ANY apostles, I ended my stay here at the MTC with three straight =) Last night was amazing too, Elder Ballard gave some really good advice and council, and I have a lot of material and notes that I get to review on the plane ride over! I sang in the choir again last night, this time I went to the sunday rehersal so I actually new the song when we were singing it.. I've made pretty good friends with the elders going to Iceland, so there the ones that pushed me into going.. really glad I did.. Song was great, and not only that but both times I've sung in the choir, it was too an apostle.. can't beat that right?? ;)

Also another really cool powerful moment, we knew it was an apostle because the conductor said that we only stand for the brethren of the twelve.. (dead give away) so were all excited and waiting to see who it is, we sing three songs before we start the devotional, and we just finished the first one, then we start the second one and it's praise to the man.. oh man I thought to myself this devotional is made for me.. what a way to be sent out.. hear an apostle for the third straight time, and get to hear my favorite hymn sung by 2,500 missionary's.. but it get's better.. as were singing Praise to the man, that's when Elder Ballard walks in, so were all standing and singing, and he stays standing to the end of the song, and we were about half way done when he walked in.. it was powerful.. As I progress here at the MTC I'm starting to recognize the spirit in my life more and more.. but this time.. it was unmistakable.. so powerful, like a fire in my chest, and especially singing the words standing for an apostle of the lord, "millions shall no brother Joseph again".. can't describe it.. And I wish I could read over this paragraph.. because it probably doesn't make sense.. but I just wanted to share with you a moment I felt during a pretty remarkable night..
Also in the night we go and have a district meeting ( I join with other districts.. since well.. it's only me in mine =P ) and we bore our testimonies and how we got ours.. it was just amazing.. from last weeks devotional Elder Scott told us every time to write down when we feel the spirit in our lives so I bought a journal for my "spiritual guidance" moments.. it's not too full.. but every time I get to put a entry in it, it's amazing, and I just realize how blessed I am..
Well tot ziens family and friends, thank you all for all your prayers, and letters and packages, I made sure to write everyone who sent me a letter back.. so hopefully you all receive the letters.. I sent out a bunch today, and if not.. realize you were thought of.. and just the mail messed up!!
Love you much,
and succes met leven,
-- Elder Mohrman..

No comments:

Post a Comment