Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Amsterdam...week 3!

I definitely notice a difference from time here out in the mission field and time in the mtc.. in the mtc it seemed slow.. it dragged on forever.. here.. days are fast.. we are constantly going back and forth all over the city, and wow three weeks are already gone! Crazy stuff.. I don't have many cool stories this week.. so I'm going to try and answer some questions you all have been sending me.. I don't have a bike yet.. My companion broke his bike a couple days before I got here, but even before that he never rode his bike.. so we ride the bus and metro system.. I wish I could ride a bike, I think it'd be awesome, seeing the scenery and what not, but this is really one of the few cities in the mission that you can survive without a bike.. so yeah no bike yet! My companion he's from Seattle Washington.. like you have already found out, I"m the third person he has trained, the companion he had before me was a greenie also, so he's gotten back to back greenies, and now with 8 new elders coming in, who knows could get a third straight as well!!

Transfers are coming up, I hope I stay, I want to be able to get to know the city beter, know the ward members better as well.. there's a lot of amazing people, but curse my personality, it takes me a little bit to get used to and open up and become good friends with people =P No worries though, I feel more comfortable every day I'm here! I hope you all had a blast for thanksgiving.. We had kinda a thanksgiving meal the night before, and then on thanksgiving day we ate the leftovers of that meal.. so nothing special or anything but it was still nice to eat turkey and pumpkin pie, and talk about america with the elders here in amsterdam. We also had our first church service in the church yesterday, the previous two weeks had been in a school because of mold problems in the church.. so that was nice also.. just something about having church in a dedicated building that makes it feel better ya know? =) I said the closing prayer.. said a whole bunch of stuff, hoped it made sense, but I"m really just trying to speak as much as I can.. I've gotten over the initial fear of talking to people.. and I've had some good conversations with people on the bus and metro and what not.. problem is.. not about the gospel.. so that's something that I'm trying to work on.. harder than you would think! But I was reading in 3rd Nephi chapter something (don't remember =P) and the verse said that members of his church are lions among sheep.. so I say that to myself whenever I start feeling.. umm.. overwhelmed? Not a good word but oh well.. it helps.. the fear leaves, and that's actually how I've been getting the confidence to start talking to people and try and start conversations.
I got to go.. times up but I love everyone, know that your emails and letters make my day, I'm in amsterdam in europe and the thing I look forward to every week is hearing about all of ya'lls lives and what's happening with them.. I'm being honest when I say that, and it's hard to believe me since I rarely write anyone else besides this general email!! But believe me =)
Love you all
--Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment