Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

*drum roll.......... Den Haag Week 1!

Hallo Familie!
Hope alles is goed met jullie!! After 5 weeks out in the field I am no longer a greenie!! However I"ve been kicked out of my first city too =0 I am now in Den Haag.. so not too bad.. serving in the two biggest cities in the mission right from the get go =) Den Haag is the only other 4 man apartment, and my roomies are the Zone Leaders.. pretty cool.. and then My new collega is Elder Hawkley, and he is the district leader.. pretty sweet people in the apartment.. it's going to be an amazing transfer I'm thinking =).. Little about my companion, he is in the marine core.. been out.. I don't know.. 8-9 months maybe.. but hard worker, and I'm expecting to do some awesome things with him.. at least that's the plan!! I do like Den Haag, it has the most functional ward in the Netherlands I've been told.. and that's meaning the biggest.. ýesterday there wasn't too many people because we are like getting record coldness and snowness.. and all sorts of miserableness..=( Unlike Amsterdam, I'm now on a bike.. didn't have to buy one.. my collega had one for me, but wow.... I can't even believe this.. I'm so sore! Biking in the snow is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man.. but hey.. still having a good attitude =) Umm.. so christmas, I would like you guys to call me at 9:30 a.m your time.. I think that will be 5:30 my time.. you can call that and yeah.. we'll talk or somethin' =)
Just before I end I wanted to share an experience my last day in Amsterdam.. Elder de Meester and I had appointments fall through so we were trying to figure out what to do.. he asked me what I wanted to or felt like we should do, and the first person that came to my mind was this older lady we had met my second or third week out.. non member, but has a couple of kids in the church.. in a messed up situation but she loves the missionaries and since we hadn't visited in a while, i felt like we should go do that.. when we got there we knocked on the door, she answered and she looked really pale.. and sickly.. and we were able to visit a little bit.. Elder de meester was helping her boyfriend set up some christmas lights so that left me just talking with the woman.. she said how she's been going through a rough point with her health, and really just been thinking about us lately, but she couldn't call us to visit because she had lost her card with our number.. And she told me that she prayed last night that we would come, and then we did.. it was pretty incredible.. I didn't feel like that when I thought of her name to go visit that it was the holy ghost or anything, I just felt like, well she's close by the church why not.. but now I know that it was the holy ghost.. that lead us there.. we were able to give her a blessing of comfort, and we promised that we''d return.. I'm hoping I get the chance to go back to amsterdam sometime so I can visit her again.. she's just a sweet old lady who loves the missionary's.. Anyways that was the cool experience (ervaring) of the week.. first transfer.. really not to hectic for me, but for others it was because of all the snow.. the greeenies were delayed coming and so we had 7 missionary's sleeping in the den haag apartment because all the trains shut down.. crazy fun stuff =) It was nice being able to see so many of my youngers from the mtc.. 4 of them are in my zone, and two in my district,.. A sister, sister hill is in Den Haag, yesterday actually because her companion was sick, Elder Hawkley and I were able to take her out street contacting for her first time.. it was fun to see her face but it was really fun to see her get a mans number.. I think it was a good expirience for her..
Oh and I got 3 packages right before I left..I got the mac and cheese (delicious!!!) and what not.. but i don't know how many packages you sent.. oh and the mint hot chocolate is a amazing also, after a hard day of bike riding, there's nothing better then stephens mint hot chocolate =)

Ik hou van Jullie met mijn hele hart!!!

Tot Kerst!

-Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment