Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pday

Familie!

Hello from the Netherlands! After having every p-day so far in Spijkenisse be, let's just say not the best weather, today it's finally sun, and warm, and just great!! Which means were going to go out of our little bubble here, and go see something cool! We've decided to go to Kinderdijk, which is a very well known place here in this country, it has a lot of windmills I guess, and a "must see" for anyone who comes here.. or so I've heard.. we'll see, and I'll let you guys know if it's really that great ;) Were going as a district so that'll be just great, it's always fun, spending time with other missionary's. I felt pretty bad for the new elder in our apartment, he came on Wednesday, and we hadn't gone shopping for food for the week.. so we had to really get creative to eat these past few days, and definitely applied the principle "waste not" this week. It was good though, A few weeks ago I was saying that you all would be suprised at my cooking skills now.. well get this, my companion and i have now moved on to baking! More so my companion than me, he's a fiend when it comes to baking now.. makes bread and cookies and all that.. but get this, because he's had this baking bug these past few weeks, it's kinda rubbed off on me as well, and so a couple days ago, we pulled a sister missionary thing, and made a list of people we'd give cookies too.. Is that not weird? What's weirder, we don't think it's that weird, were just trying to think outside the box, so we made a list to give cookies to people, to brighten there day! It's been fun. =)
There's not that many questions being asked by you guys anymore.. I wonder though if it's because I"m not that good at responding to them.. =0 probably it.. sorry.. but the one question that I got unanimously from all the emails, was how did District Meeting go.. well let me tell ya. I got the little sheet from Elder Bjork our previous district leader right before he got shipped off to his new city, and I come to find out that the subject that it's supposed to be on, he already did.. so I was left with scratch.. so I made my whole district meeting, and it didn't go too bad.. The topic of district meeting was on finding faith to find, and so I used a talk from elder hales, titled finding faith in Jesus Christ, and he uses enos story as a example for us to develop faith, so I used that because he had 5 points and I wrote them on a board, then I had the missionary's in my district apply them to us.. it was neat.. also had everyone share there favorite scripture on faith that they use with investigators, and then apply it to themselves.. it was neat to come up with these ideas to use.. like you said, using my creative mind for good! ;) It seemed to go pretty well.. at least for the first time, just glad 'that it's over, not going to lie! But.. my personal study was shot preparing for this thing, so i haven't really read that much in the new testament, I'm really enjoying the new testament.. the epistles are interesting, I don't know where they've been my whole life, but i'm glad that I found them on my mission!! Pretty much that goes for the whole bible =0 sad huh..so i'm in 1 corinthians 15 or something, i'm reading the epistles in order, so it's the 4th epistle i've read.. pretty cool..

Well that's about it for little odds and ends.. it was a little odd not having to do anything on transfer day, just have a normal day.. but it's pretty sweet, glad that i'm going two transfers with Elder Davies. We have some great investigators like i've been saying the past few weeks, Hendryetta the girl that texted us about having a testimony.. we set a baptismal date with her on wednesday, and then testimony dates with her two sisters, and one of the sisters, aaltje, went to church for the first time yesterday!! It was so cool, and she loved it, and said she will go back! It's so amazing, because there the first people I met when I came to spijkenisse and just seeing there change that they've all gone through, Aaltje wouldn't pray and didn't even pray, and said she would never, go back to a church, and now Aaltje says she believes in god, and went to church.. and there loving the jovo center, where all the single adults meet, they've been hit with some pretty heavy subjects in the jovo center and they've been cool with them all, so were really excited about them!
We once again are meeting with tom, tonight, really looking forward to seeing what he's done this past week, i imagine, that he would have read, i have that faith, and we also got our "dream" joint teach I guess you could say to come along.. it's awesome when you make plans for people, think of things to teach them, or people for them to meet, and then have it all work out.. we had that with our other investigator Gino.. we thought that the bishop would be the best person for Gino to meet, and we got the bishop to come last night for our appointment and they talked for almost 2 and a half hours!! Intense.. but it was awesome, made me late getting numbers for my first time =0 but ah well..
It was interesting president brubaker sent me an email, saying pretty much, that this is the point in my mission that really determines my potential, and that I really need to strive to be an example and 100 percent obedient.. it was pretty neat, I don't know what is in store for me, with this mission thing, but I'm just grateful that i'm getting confident enough, and yeah don't know other words to describe it, i'm drawing a blank, but to be having the success i'm having..
Well That's pretty much all I believe.. if you all have any questions, I'll put an extra amount of effort into trying to answer them.. umm.. oh we found two young families this past week, that was just great.. and.. yeah.. love.. you.. all!
Tot Ziens,
--Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment