Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Spijkenisse.. July 11, 2011

Familie.. Hey.

Thank you, once again, and always for the wonderful emails you guys send! A lot of things happened this past week, it's always amazing to me, how 1 week can feel like 2-3 weeks because so much happened in the week! Monday.. July 4th, our wonderful nations independant day.. kinda sad, that there was no celebration over here.. no parties or fireworks.. no american flags.. songs about america and freedom.. I really took for granted July 4th back home.. I didn't realize how much it meant to me.. It was just another day =0 But for district meeting the next day, we sang the national anthem before we ate, which was really neat.. So grateful to be american!!
I think I also forgot to wish dad a happy birthday.. I wrote it down in my planner and everything, and I even remembered that morning, but I had a brain cramp, and totally forgot to achnowledge it last week!! So dad, Happy late Birthday!! No I didn't forget.. but at the same time I kinda did??.. =0
So last week, we had a slower week.. things weren't working out for most of our potential investigaters and also some of our better investigators.. but this week exploded for us, and we saw some pretty neat miracles. We managed to get 5 new investigators which is the most that we've had this whole transfer.. and there pretty solid as well.. One is a sister of the two girls were teaching, that went to the talent show last last week.. she also went to the talent show, but this past week we finally taught her along with the other two, and it was a pretty powerful lessen.. really felt the spirit.. I really felt the spirit bare testimony to that girl.. and I know.. that she felt it as well.. We committed them to every day reading and praying and to keep records of all that they do.. and they agreed and have been doing it.. one sister, has been texting us every day to wish us a good day, and to say that she's praying for us to be able to find other people to share gods word with ;) It's really neat.. she was the one, who is really shy, and had problems with saying prayers outloud.. so what she has done is send us a prayer through texting.. it sounds a little weird, but it was a start for this girl, and she has since wrote out a prayer and said it out loud in an appointment, and also said she will say the prayer without notes the next time.. I think personally the coolest part of my mission (besides the people I meet) is seeing actual progression in investigators.. to see them commit and then do, things we ask them to do.. and then to see them change a little every time we meet with them.. We have a few of those type of investigators right now.. Another one that I don't know if I mentioned her name is Pat.. she is from Nigeria, she has two kids and i'm pretty sure I talked about her in the last email.. but this week we once again had a really good lessen with her.. I once again distracted the little kids, so pat could focus on the lessen.. so weird to have little kids climbing all over me.. but I guess it's good practice for my on-the-way nephew ;) Also with Pat she said she would come to church again, she's been once but with her husband.. he's gone which is why she hasn't been coming, but she said that she would come to church with the two little girls, which is no easy thing, since she doesn't live very close and doesn't have a car, meaning that she has to use the public transportation system.. but however once sunday came around we were waiting and she never showed! Which was really sad, but I called her up, and she explained how she had tried to come! but the poor woman got lost, and had wandered around spijkenisse for a couple hours with her two little girls.. she had eventually found the church but just after church had ended.. really sad, but really neat that she tried, and she's really dedicated to now coming this coming week!
Found some other really cool people.. don't really have time to talk about them though.. but pretty powerful lessens with them, there names are Tom and Gino.. Gino knows the bible inside and out, and has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves the thing.. He's actually a refereal from the other elders in our apartment and I got to meet him last night for the first time.. were going to go back this next sunday and watch prophet of the restoration with him and his family.. the man sure seemed like a sincere seeker of truth, one of the most positive people i've ever met on my mission.. with the exception of Nancy.. and she got baptized.. so i'm praying.. he's getting some pretty hardcore anti thrown at him from friends and colleagues, and he's noticed and said this isn't from god these feelings, and that's actually why were going to watch the prophet of the restoration.. to show that with all good things there is always opposition.. should be really powerful.. i'm excited..
Well hey, I love you all, thank you again for all your support and prayers..
Oh and also, I don't think i've written a letter in about 3-4 months something like that.. and so all of you out there who may read this that has sent me a letter in that time frame or even earlier.. I really apologize, I'm going to repent and write you back!! Have faith in me! Don't hate me! I love you!
-Elder Mohrman!

No comments:

Post a Comment