Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Spijkenisse... The Week of July 18th

Hoi Familie!!!

Transfer week! And.... i'm staying. And so is my companion.. craziness.. I've never had a companion for more than one transfer before! In fact my longest companion that i've been with, was in the MTC, with my "teaching partner" Sister Kraemer.. It'll be interesting, i'm excited we have some really good things going on here in Spijkenisse. The other two elders in our apartment, Elder Bjork and Elder Guanuna are getting shaken up a little bit.. Elder Guanuna is staying and getting another companion who's name is Elder Fullmer, but Elder Bjork is getting shipped off to be Zone Leader.. he was our District Leader.. but now I've been called to be the District Leader =0 Crazy huh? I'm pretty nervous about this.. I wasn't expecting it at all.. I thought if I got any leadership it would be to train someone.. but of course got shocked again.. what's transfers without something shocking happening?? ;0
So that's transfer news, I give my first district meeting on Friday, with president there.. because of course were having interviews that day.. so it'll be just great.. got a smile on my face and can't wait to see what happens =P
But now let me tell you about the interesting things, about our investigators! I told you last week about how we have some pretty awesome investigators and the lessens didn't disappoint.. Start off with Hendryetta.. Hendryetta is the oldest investigator that we've had, meaning we've taught her the longest, and on wednesday after having not the best lessen on the plan of salvation in the world, i committed her to reading the plan of salvation pamphlet and then to pray directly afterwards that night.. after she had said that she thinks it's all true, but not too sure, so I said to read then to pray that night to know for sure, and then to text us after she did it.. well.. she did.. and she texted us saying that she knew now for certain that the things that we were saying were true, that the book of mormon was true and everything.. that was quite an amazing text to receive, man... brought so much joy to me!! You ask, and ask, and invite and challenge so many people to do these small little things, and when someone finally does it.. it's pretty amazing.. haven't had people do so well with keeping commitments on my mission so far, so that was really neat, we'll be talking with her again on wednesday and talk about baptism.. try and set a date and alles.. Also we had a really great lessen with Tom.. we gave him a general conference liahona and after we left, he read the magazine til 12:00 midnight!! He's making a lot of progress as well.. keeping all of his commitments as well.. what's cool about tom is he's a member of a reformed church's council.. part of the leadership.. and were teaching him and he's being this awesome.. Really excited about him.. And Gino.. watched the film with him last night.. prophet of the restoration, but the neat thing is, his wife, who we haven't taught yet, she looked it up for herself, and they watched it together, but he still wanted to watch it with us as a review.. he's amazing.. he knows the book of mormon is true, knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet... knows that he needs to be baptized again, and knows that we have the authority.. he just has one hiccup that we need to work through and were going to baptize I believe a future bishop of spijkenisse.. I'm being so blessed here with investigators.. I don't know where this is coming from.. investigators who keep there commitments.. man.. I might be seeing baptisms here!! Crazy huh?! =P Well I love you all.. thanks for all the emails, got a bunch this week, so i'm very apppreciative.. You all are always in my prayers!
Tot Ziens!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment