Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

hoe gaat het... :)

Hoi!
Familie!
hoe gaat het... :)

August 27th, 2011.. the day Dwight and Natasha Samson will be baptized.. mark it on your calenders, because well.. it´s awesome :) Were really excited about them.. there doing great and everything is in order for them to be baptized this saturday! There making us dinner tonight, Some surinamse food called Roti.. which is extremely delicious, and our zone leaders will be giving them there baptismal interviews.. then after all that were all going to go together to a baptism in Gouda.. it´s going to be a great night! I´ve only been District Leader for a month or so now, but I feel like I´ve done everything a district leader can do.. Last week sometime... oh it was saturday, Gave my first baptismal interview to the lady who is getting baptized in Gouda.. really neat expirience.. Just being able to ask her to bare her testimony on the different questions, the spirit was really strong, she was a little nervous about the whole interview thing.. this old dutch lady, but she was amazing.. Being the district leader I get to follow the progression of my districts investigators, so every week I would get updates on this lady from the sister missionary´s in gouda, so pretty special for me to be able to finally meet her.. and also see the joy in her face after it was all done.. when we got out of the room, she threw her arms in the air and started to do a little dance thing with the sisters :) Pure joy and happiness.. can only be found in the gospel.. church is true.. period.
Other investigators are doing well.. we did something strange with one of our investigators his name is Vincent.. he wants to be baptized, been investigating the church for a few years, but just has to work out some personal problems/concerns, and so we decided to go a different route with him, we took him to a members house for dinner... he´s dutch, the lady was from the carribean completely different expirience for him, and then we took him, vincent, our investigator, as a joint teach to another investigators house Tom. I wouldn´t say it was the best lessen in the world for tom.. but it didn´t hurt anything, and made a huge impact on Vincent, as he was able to expirience the church and what we do in a different way, as if he was a member.. he came to church then on sunday, and was able to meet our mission president who suprised us by showing up.. so president brubaker came to our sacrament meeting, to meet our baptismal dates, dwight and natasha.. but.. they weren´t there.. perfect timing to not come to church right? But also we had a lady walk into the church, who was just curious about how we worshipped.. so I sat by her during sacrament meeting explained a little what goes on.. gave her our articles of faith.. and also a book of mormon.. she seemed to like it and said she would do her best to come to the baptism on saturday and then again on sunday.. I dón´t think I´ve ever had a lady walk into church before because she was curious.. it was definitely an interesting expirience! And during sacrament meeting, our bishop felt impressed to have Elder Davies, me, and President Brubaker all give our testiomonies in the middle of sacrament meeting... that was also a pretty neat expriience.. right before that happened, i was actually thinking to myself.. "what would I say, if I had to bare my testimony right now..." so I was thinking about that, then that announcement came up.. so I was a little prepared!!
Were developing a pretty good relatioionship with the ward, were switching things up a little bit, whenever we go over to there house, instead of us teaching a small lessen, were having them teach us.. and that was also announced during sacrament meeting.. a lot of the members were shocked about this.. so we´ll see if we´ll still be getting as many dinner appointments now :) A big thing in the ward, for a group of the men, is to go play squash.. so I finally got the bishop to take us to go play squash yesterday.. pretty fun game.. just like raquetball.. I had begginners luck and beat our bishop all 3 games we played :) But now i´m really sore and stiff.. man.. i´m getting out of shape!!
Also this past week, went to my first ever funeral.. an old dutch lady from the ward passed away.. so me and elder davies went to show our support.. I don´t know how dutch funerals are different from american funerals but I thought it was interesting, and it was a pretty neat service.. neat to see how many lives a person can touch in there lifetime.. and to hear different stories about them..
Well.. that´s about it.. I´ve rambled long enough =P Love you all.. thanks for all the emails, letters.. and prayers.. you all are the best!
Tot ziens!
tot de volgende week!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment