Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

weekly email...two days late :)

Hoi Familie!

You were worried, weren't you? Admit it.. you all thought, that I had forgotten about you guys! But of course I haven't, Just late that's all, it's what happens when you spend 5-6 hours of your p-day cleaning your apartment.. it was insane, our mission president is re-dedicating all of the mission apartments, which means for us.. cleaning.. and lot's of it.. but that's the reason why no email on Monday.. not going to be a regular occurance no worries!
Thank you all for the emails and the letters, I had mentioned a few weeks ago, that I hadn't written a letter in a long long time (no need to repeat how long that was =0) but now I'm happy to say that I am almost all caught up with the letter writing thing, and most have been shipped off and on the way! Yay.... =0 sorry for being so late with them!
What a week we had, some really great great lessens with our investigators and also less actives.. I had this past week District Leader Council, where all the district leaders come and we get a special conference with our president, it was sweet, learned a lot, things that we talked about the most were baptismal dates and church attendance and how important they are to a investigators progression.. well it made me think about all of our investigators, and i was able to apply what I learned with our investigators and make some really big steps in the right direction! We had 8 progressing investigators this past week, a record for me.. I've never been so blessed so far on my mission! It was also pretty crazy at the council.. every other district leader in the mission has been out for over a year and a half.. and then there was me.. out for 11 months.. felt pretty young =0 Dwight and Natasha the couple with the baptismal dates for August 20th, they were doing so good! and then this last lessen yesterday, dwight had a cigarette.. man, that was a bummer.. we thought they were clean.. but we have another lessen on thursday, and we'll once again talk about word of wisdom with them, but who knows, the baptismal date may have to be pushed back.. hope not.. but possibility, still great, awesome and going to get baptized.. it's just stopping and overcoming these small things!
After I'm done sending this email, we'll be off to an appointment with Aaltje, who is the sister of Hendryetta who has a baptismal date.. she's had some amazing experiences these past few weeks, and on monday said her first ever prayer out loud.. amazing.. were going to talk to her and commit her to baptism today.. and hopefully her sister as well petra.. that's the plan! So we'll see how it goes.. Other investigators.. making progress not much to report about.. life is good.. a member asked me just this morning if i've been fasting a lot.. because i don't look as fat as I did before.. ha ha anyways.. thanks again for all you do,
Love you loads,
Tot Ziens!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment