Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16th..a request to all...


Hoi familie!!  

Sorry for the lateness of the email.. I guess it's still monday, but since I do it so early usually, it feels late!!  Interesting to think that you all are up and about right now!  But wow, I have been busy, preparing for tomorrow, which like stefi I'll be able to go to the temple!  As a zone leader we have added responsibility and what not that we have to do, but it's all good!  Everything is done!  And i'm really looking forward to going to the temple tomorrow, just excited to be able to relax, to be able to think, and to be able to pray for my investigators in that holy place.  Pretty much when I start emailing you all, I have a lot of different things I would like to share, and tell you about, but when I start typing the only things that come too mind, are the updates and expiriences with investigators!  So sorry that all my emails are all kind of the same style, but hey, it's what's on my mind and it seems like you all don't mind =)  

I'll start with Sonia and Martinez.  I really had some sacred expiriences with them this past week.. really some neat stuff has happened.  I don't even know if I could put into words the expiriences and I wonder and ask myself if I should even try!  But needless to say, the committment has been extended for them to marry this week.  To go to the city center, either tuesday or wednesday, and seal the deal.. I'm planning for, hoping for, PRAYING for the 29th of April for this family to be baptized.. and I have the faith that it will.. so keep them in your prayers, I know pray works, and I know that when many people pray for the same thing it adds power, so all who read this, please pray for sonia and Martinez!  This past week we had a couple of appointments with them, and for one of them, earlier on in the week, we were late, so it was just sonia home.. so we talk, we talk about martinez how's he doing and what not, and Sonia has been very active in giving him in her words "an earful" (but in dutch =P) in going to the city center and signing the papers so they can be legally married.  But she bore her testimony to me, relating events that have happened over the past couple of months starting with our first appointment clear back in december, and she closed by saying, "I can honestly testify, that this is the true church, I can honestly testify..."  Wow, just imagine how I was feeling, the missionary, the friend that has expirienced literally everything with her, I haven't missed a single appointment, seeing how far she has come.. just an amazing feeling came over me, just joy and happiness for her.. I immediatley thought about the scripture in D&C 18: 15-16.. I can truly testify that this text is true!  When I look back on my mission, when I think of all the people that I've met and helped come closer to Christ, I just feel such joy and happiness!  So that was a pretty cool appointment, pretty neat especially since we were on exchanges and I was showing an elder on his first transfer around for the day, and our schedule for the day was Sonia, Isaac, Jen, monique, Charles and Nana.. all the people who have been baptized or preparing themselves to be baptized soon, really neat, because every appointment just went really really well, and after, driving to the next appointment I had the opportunity to share with this elder the stories of these people.. just a neat moment of being in leadership.  

Also this past saturday, we had our "Surinamse" party with Sonia, Martinez, there children, monique came, simon came, Jen was there, the antwerpen sisters were there, and another member.. we started our day at 12:00, met Sonia and Martinez at Antwerpen Centraal, then went shopping with them, went to all these african stores, (never would have gone in them before) then we went to the church, and I learned how to make some surinamse food!  It took about 3 hours to cook and all, but it was super legit, then we listened to Jeffrey R. Hollands talk from this past conference, and that's when I committed them to get married this week!  Spent a total of 6 hours with them on saturday!  A little unorthodox, but a really great day, and all 4 of them were at church yesterday.  

Charles, has been a little shaky with appointments, because of his situation, but he really wants to be baptized, he has his testimony, and he also was in church yesterday, were wanting to move his date up to the 28th of April, which we think and know he can make.  And Nana, wow, he has been reading and praying, and really growing with every lessen, were excited for him, and he should be baptized in May, along with Isaac Boakye's friend, Isaac, we set a baptismal date with him, after watching the restoration dvd, Isaac is a pro joint teach now, so solid, and explains things so clearly now, really is wonderful to see..
Those are the updates with the most positive investigators here in my city, other than with investigators, I'm doing just great, my companion and I, even though we see very little of each other, always on exchanges it seems like!  We have really figured things out teaching wise really fast, and he's a great guy, really enjoy Elder Van Overbeek, were still trying to find the good balance of having fun and being serious!  Fun is winning out ha ha but were doing great, love this place, love my mission, and thanks so much for all your prayers and support!  love you all so much!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment