Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

just a wonderful week! April 2


Hoi familie! 

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support!  Saw some amazing miracles this week and like Elder Neilsen said, "Thanks be to god!"  First and foremost I need to tell you about Sonia and Martinez.. Joanne was committed to baptism last week, do not remember if It happened before or after last monday, but she is super excited, we went through the baptismal interview questions and she just need a few of the commandments and she is good to go for the 15th!  And the ward is behind her the young womans president is super excited.. things are going great for her.. but the big miracles is with Martinez her father, he's been the reason as to why Sonia will not be baptized with her daughter, as he is still contemplating when he is going to take that step and re-marry with her, but with my new companion Elder Van overbeek, I felt impressed to ask him and her if they were preparing to be baptized.. he was totally against baptism before, but I felt like I needed to bring it up again, and sonia of course said she was, and I looked at martinez and asked him again, "are you preparing yourself?" And he said Yes.. the spirit was so strong! He did it, he committed, he passed through some roadblocks in his mind.. they still need to get married, but that statement gave him enough desire to come to church with the whole family and expirience conference.. which he loved.. told my companion that he probaby should have been coming all along with Sonia and the kids.. I am praying and fasting and doing all that I can for this family.. I hope and I know that you all will join your prayers with me for this family :)  I gave them a committment to read the chapter in the gospel principles book on eternal marriage.. so next lessen we'll see where he's at, if they've made further progression.. But what I've seen on my mission, when someone has committed to baptism, and overcome hurdles, the process is fast, so I have hope that Martinez will marry sonia this transfer, that's my goal, I would love to to see that happen, since I've been here from the start with this family, and now I've been granted 6 more weeks with them.. good stuff =)
We also had Nana come to conference, Nana is from Ghana, and he is absolutely amazing.. he loved conference, loves our message and is committed to baptism as well.. doesn't have a date yet, we have to work that out with him this week, but I think and have the faith that he'll also be baptized this transfer.. Charles is another one, came to church last week, loved it, been reading in the book of mormon, and also said that he would be baptized.. He was sick for general conference, but we'll bring him to the church, and watch a session on these computers with him.. I sure hope that he can be baptized this transfer as well!  So a lot of potential, a lot of neat things happening, Jen brought his father to conference, and also his girlfriend, I think that maybe these people will take longer than the 6 weeks that I have, but to be able to set the foundation so they'll be baptized in the coming transfer will be an amazing exprience.. Jen is also going to be recieveing the priesthood this week, and Monique is getting confirmed.
It was sad to say goodbye to Elder Da cruz, but we accomplished a lot together, and the fruits of our labors are really starting to be seen this transfer.. it's amazing how god works, he puts you with a complete opposite, but something about the companionship clicks, and miracles happen.. It was a little awkard going to members and investigators homes and telling them, that actually it wasn't me being transferred ( I had told everyone that I was) but that it was Elder Da Cruz.. poor kid, wasn't able to say goodbye to everyone that he wanted because our car was broken into last sunday (sorry forgot to share) so our car was getting it's smashed in window repaired so we lacked in mobility for Monday and Tuesday, but luckily he was able to say goodbye to Monique and Jen, Sonia and her family..
A little about my new companion, Elder Van Overbeek, from the Sacramento area, he is going to hit is year mark in a couple of days, so a lot younger than me in terms of mission expirience, it's been fun, he's been in the zone for the past 3 transfers so I've been on a couple of exchanges with him, and we have probably too much fun, it'll be fun transfer for sure =) 
Well I love you all, weird to think that next conference I'll be home, so I guess I won't think about that =P  But I definitely decided looking at the images of the conference center, I want to be there.. so next conference!  Me and you guys at the conference center for a session!  It's going to be sweet!
Love your faces!
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment