Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Have a happy week


Hoi familie! 

Really great to be able to SEE all of you as well ;)  Wow, crazy to think the next time I'll chat with you all, will be face to face.. But it's going well as you can tell.. I have one more week here in Antwerpen with Elder Andrews and it is going to be a blast!  Have a lot of apointments set up with members, a barbeque with the El Salvadorian family and the ghanian and surinamse feast on saturday!  Cool story of the week that I didn't share, a in-active his name is Ivan, he hasn't been to church for a few years, but this past week we were able to organize a meeting with him and the bishop, and he asked that we sit in with him for support, went really well, and both the bishop and Ivan were so happy after wards, Ivan took us out to Mcdonalds, and he was just exclaiming over and over that "I'm back!" "I'm back" and thanked me and told me that was the reason I stayed in Antwerpen for an extra couple of weeks, was too help him become active again.. pretty neat, he's a good guy, has a crazy story.. but anyways.. the situation right now in Antwerpen, we've baptized a lot of our investigators and the other ones are getting into the hard to have contact phase, so we are doing A LOT of finding right now.. I haven't had full days of finding in a very long long time, but maybe its so I get some practice again going up to Den Haag.. who knows, but we were able to look up Nana yesterday evening, after not having much contact with him for a couple of weeks, and had a wonderful appointment with him and a friend of his.  His friend we had met 3 weeks earlier and he was so perplexed and bothered by the fact that we had invited Nana to be baptized even though he had already been baptized before.. he said that he had been thinking about it every day since we had met the first time, and it was just really bothering him.. so Elder Andrews and I were able to teach about authority very clearly, and he said that he had peace of mind after wards.. I was able to extend my favorite first lessen commitment of "Will you investigate" and he said he would so we have two appointments for wednesday and sunday set up, really excited about him.. the name of the friend is Ben.. and he said a very beautiful prayer at the end of the appointment just thanking god that he has this chance to investigate.. so two appointments then it's on Elder Andrews and Davies to help him the rest of the way.. well I don't know what else to say to be honest.. Church was good, people were suprised to see me of course, but I'm just livin' the life right now!  
Have a wonderful week!
Love your son, bro, and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment