Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

The boy who cried wolf


Hoi familie! 

Another great week on this mission thing!  Charles was baptized, beautiful service, it was pretty cool because he's from Nigeria and we got all the nigerian members of the ward to participate in the baptismal service.  He was very happy, and it went super smooth, couldn't ask for anything better! 
So funny you know how I've been saying, it's over, I'm leaving this place.. it's set in stone.. I've been telling that to everyone in fact, been getting dinner appointments left and right people wanting to say there goodbyes, just great people.. and.. well.. I'm not quite leaving yet =P  In an unexpected twist my companion is going AP, and so I am staying in Antwerpen, but for only half the transfer, and then I'll be going back to Den Haag to be the district leader there.. craziness!!!
I thought I had tied up all the loose-ends here in Antwerpen, that was my whole focus this transfer, because I knew it was so strange and crazy that I stayed and Elder Da cruz got transfered, but I guess there's still some things I need to do and set in motion, and so I'm off to work, I have the deadline though, and I know what my last city will be.. Antwerpen seriously has become a home to me, I think we might have to spend just a week in Antwerpen with how many people I want you all to meet!  But it's great, I think this is the most perfect situation for me, be able to stay a little longer in Antwerpen, and then leave to Den Haag, a city where I only got 7 weeks in.. couldn't ask for anything better! 
Yesterday at the baptism, were watching this film while Charles and Victor the member who baptized him were changing, and Monique comes and sits behind me and says "elder Mohrman, give me your hand" and she then prays for about 5 minutes under her breath, praying that I'll stay in Antwerpen.. unbelievable.. and now I get a few more weeks, but Sonia is really happy, they want me to stay til they are baptized which of course would be great, but I have a couple more weeks with them and others.  Too many cool expriences, but my thoughts our jumbled and so are exprieinces, so I'm going to have to wait to share these things til next week where I'll be able to see and talk with you all!! 
Things are going really well here, had a great transfer with Elder Van OverBeek, and the elder who's coming Elder Andrews is in my youngers, and we have a good bond, so I'm excited!  As for my companion in Den haag.. I have no idea who he is, some newer missionary that i've never seen before =P ha ha Anyways loves
Your bro, son, and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment