Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Last Week of Antwerpen!


Hey familie!!

The time has finally come!  Kind of... I was going to leave this place today, but of course they postponed it back another 4 days, so I still have most of this week here in Antwerpen!  The members got a kick out of that, they truly think that I won't leave now =P  But friday is the day!  And i'm back to the Netherlands, back to Den Haag!  I'm getting excited, with all the delays of getting there I'm starting to feel a little ansy, I love this place, but it just feels more and more every day that my time here is done.  Last saturday was a very special day for me, Sonia, Martinus, Monique, Jen, Jo-ann, Joantly, and a few of the members threw a party for me at the church, Sonia and Monique cooked surinamse food, and it was just a really cool evening being there with everyone that means so much to me here in Antwerpen, Earlier that day I had lunch with Isaac and Christiana, I love those people so much.  I gave Isaac after the meal and during our talk, I gave him my favorite sacred grove leaf, the one that has been in my scriptures my whole mission, and one of my name tags.. I'm planning on giving a name tag to Sonia and Martinus as well, just something to remember me by.  It was interesting sitting there that evening, with all of the recent converts there, and thinking about there individual stories, how I met them, where they had come from, different backgrounds completely different stories, but now they were all together, laughing with each other, talking with each other, making bonds and developing friendships.. just really neat.. a very happy day of my mission that is for sure =)  Ivan came to church yesterday as well, he's doing great, and he is so happy, since the first time I met him, to now, he has just more joy, and it's completely due to him finding the gospel again, same with all these people, the thing they have in common is accepting and applying the gospel of jesus christ.  True happiness.. Well other than wonderful meetings with members and recent converts, things have been getting really slow here, kinda sad to see, people are using there agency, and letting fear get in the way of faith, so we are re-building hoping that we can re-build the teaching pool for when Elder Davies comes here, we have some prospects, and some really cool people that we have appointments set up for this coming week.  Were excited and staying optimistic, were also swamped with lunch and dinner appointments, lucky for me, the members aren't sick yet of me using the going away card =P  So it will be a really enjoyable last 4 days in Antwerpen!  
Other than that, not much more I can think of to say, today for P-day, were going to be playing basketball with some other elders, been playing basketball a lot now that I have been with Elder Andrews, it's kind of nice to be able to make 9/10 free throws every now and then, brings me back to my glory days =P 
Love you all loads, and thanks for all your support and love,
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment