Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

HOT HOT HOT


Hoi familie!

It is HOT!!  Oh man.. these past few days has literally been the hottest days of my mission.. Last summer was no summer as it just rained the whole time, but this summer.. geesh.. Literally, it's only about 80-85 degrees farehnheit.. so you wouldn't think it's that bad, as we get 90's all the time in Utah.. but the Humidity.. It's been so humid, I kid you not we could see the humidity in the air.. the weirdest thing!  We were in our suits at the peak of the heat yesterday for a good 5-6 hours.. miserable.  But good.. church was amazing for multiple reasons, starting of course with Ama!  Cool you guys heard about the baptism already, even though it takes away the thrill of me telling it to you!  But it's all good, the bishop came up to me before sacrament meeting and said that normally he likes to ask one of the brothers in the ward to confirm new converts but this time he had a feeling that I should do it.. so I was able to confirm Ama and give her the Holy Ghost and my greenie companion was able to baptize her.. mission success! =)  So spiritual.. Sister Robinson talked a little about it on her blog, but wednesday the day of the baptismal interview, was literally one of the most spiritual moments of my mission.. we arrived there early, and Ama was still waiting on us ha ha but we were able to just talk with her, and before the Robinsons came she just shared some more amazing miracles happening in her life, and went off on how she likes this church, and she knows it true, she got up from her chair, and I don't know how else to describe it, but I believe I witnessed someone being overcome with the spirit in some small degree, like we read about all the time in the scriptures, she went off praising god, and giving thanks, bearing her testimony, crying and holding our hands.. powerful.. humbling.. All I could think about was the first couple days that we met her.. and the craziness that followed, and now 7 weeks later, she is baptized.. who would of thought.. surely not us!  All our concern was at the beginning was helping her try to pick up her life, and see if we could ship her off to ghana and trust that she would find the church there!  But God had other plans, and those plans are starting to unfold now.. But after that, the robinson's came, and she went in with President for the interview, and Elder Van Komen and myself had the opportunity to share Ama's story with sister Robinson.. she was touched as well, and just like she said when they were done with the interview, no words could be said, only hugs, and there wasn't a dry eye among us all.. So then at the baptism, went really well, had a good turnout from the ward.. and Ama, like Isaac in Antwerpen was baptized in ICE Cold water.. oh man.. but she did it, and did it with a smile on her face.. so yeah, that is literally the highlight of the week, highlight from the past two transfers!  I was looking back and I found it interesting that the two people that I had the priviledge of baptizing were from Suriname, and the two people that I gave the Holy Ghost too were both from Ghana.. Just an interesting stat I guess ;) 
Rosa is coming along, still going through some difficulty said she would come to church then didn't =0 but that's okay, I've seen this before and I know that things will work out with her in the end.. it was pretty cool, had two powerful lessens with her this past week, watched the restoration dvd, she loved it.. really understood it too.. her understanding is really good.. and then finally, finally got to teach her the plan of salvation.. and.. yes.. it was a good lessen.. she said at the end of it, that she had never had it explained to her in such a clear way and that it answered many of her questions that she's had for her entire life!   I asked her how she felt right now, and she said peaceful.. better.. and then I followed it up with why do you think that you feel that when we come over.. and it was cool to see the connections working with her.. she wants it to be true.. she really wants it to be true.. so I'm excited to see how much progression she'll be making in the coming weeks!
Other things.. just keeping myself busy, get this, so I started running in the morning this past week.. don't know what came over me.. but I decided to do it last second one morning with another elder in the apartment.. and now we have the goal as an apartement to switch off every day between running together and playing soccer.. the two things I hated the most before my mission.. is now how I'm finishing my mission.. go figure.. that's life huh!  Well I'm off to the beach to play some beach volleyball!  Trying to make my p-days count now ;)   I love you all, thank you for the emails, and the support, mean the world to me! 
Have a wonderful week
Your son, brother and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment