Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Another day, another week.. Oh boy! Life is just great. I seriously can't complain about anything.

Hoi Familie!!

Another day, another week.. Oh boy!  Life is just great.  I seriously can't complain about anything.  I don't know what it is, but god just keeps sending miracle after miracle, and keeping us busy!  So much happened this week, Looking back on it, it's a little difficult to know where to begin!   It was transfer week.. said goodbye to Elder Neilson and Elder Bjork.. My first two companions in the MTC.  That was a lot tougher than I thought! Probably one of the hardest goodbye's I've had to say so far on my mission.  It's crazy to think there gone, there done!  And because there gone, that means I'm next =O  But it's okay, that's why god is so great, he's keeping us busy so I don't have to think about it! =)  Advice that I got from different people entering into my last transfer was to just make sure I have as many appointments as possible, visit the members, visit whoever, just make sure I'm indoors visiting with people, so I took that to heart, since appointments are my favorite part of this missionary thing, and we had 16 member lessens this week!  That is easily by far the most I've ever had on my mission.. and the most I've ever seen.. so neat to be able to visit all these people, to find out who these people are, what makes them click, and build the friendships and relationships that will last my entire life!  I told one family at church yesterday, Love them with all my heart, so i told them that I leave in about 5 weeks, and I wanted to make sure I came over at least once a week before I left.. they said yes, and I've done that with a number of families here in Den Haag.. super cool, so i'm setting it up so I'll stay busy til' the end of my mission!  But not only on the member front is things going really well, Ama.. oh bless her heart.. she came to church once again, we had three lessens with her this past week, and she is just getting more and more enthused about this gospel and church.. she is getting excited for her baptism coming up.. she doesn't retain everything that we say, so we have to review a bit, so there are question marks about the 18th if that will go through or not on that day, but for sure she is getting baptized this month.. I'm so happy for her, I love that woman so much!  Every wednesday we have what we call "Portia day" where Portia our member friend who always comes on joint teach with Ama, she cooks for us, and makes us ghanian food.. but this wednesday we told her she has done so much for us, were going to cook for her!  And also Ama is planning on coming, so were going to make them a true blue american meal.. good thing my companion can remember what a true american meal is =P ha ha But I'm excited, just a good feeling when you serve people!  
And Rosa.. oh wow, had some really neat lessens with her this past week.. she is the cleaning lady for another member that we visit, his name is george, and so past week is when we were finally able to teach her, and wow.. some powerful lessens!  She said that she had been feeling down the whole week, but when we went over and started talking to her, she felt peace.. we had another appiontment on saturday, but she had to call it off because of family issues, but she called us, and said how much she really wanted us to come over, and so we suprised visited her yesterday and had just a wonderful visit!  She is on board for sure about learning about the church.. I'm excited to see where it goes with her, but I have a very strong feeling that she will get baptized, she's prepared, just when is the question.. I would love and pray that she does before I leave, but if not, that's okay, I'm just super grateful that I have the chance to teach her.. maybe she'll be ready by the 15th of september, when mom and dad come.. that'd be cool right?  See a baptism while your here ;) But again we'll see.
Other than that, not much more to say.. just livin' the life.. one day at a time.. Thank you all for your emails, they were wonderful and great!  And I look forward to hearing how all your weeks were next week! 
Love your son, bro, and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment