Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 5

Goededag familie!!
so pretty cool, a missionary going to San Antonio texas had about ten minutes left on his email, and let me check my email with it.. got to read all the emails so I get to dedicate the entire 30 minutes to this email!! Hope it's interesting =P

So first of all an update with the mtc, my "teaching partner" sister kraemer has been informed as of yesterday that she will be leaving the MTC early. As early as today. (guess not now) but probably next week she'll be on her way to the mission field. Pretty exciting for her.. pretty crazy at the same time. Last week was when I got wind of it, and I had overheard some conversations with her and our teachers and asked her about it. She was asked if she wanted to by our teacher Bro Bond, and of course she excepted. I'm happy for her, she wasn't getting as much being here, ha ha sad as it is to say, I'm a little bit of a hinderence =) but in a good way of course. Kinda crazy to think though that i'll be a true solo though.. no classroom companion, no one at my "level" kinda to speak too.. TRC is going to be interesting and so is class.. I guess I'm going to really have to focus on areas of the language that I can improve on, like memorizing scriptures, reading.. that sort of thing, because my speaking is going to take a hit!! But it's okay.. kinda worried like I said, but not really.. my whole MTC expirience has been unique so far, so I mean what else can they throw at me to make it even more memorable right? =)

So I guess the cool thing with Sister Kraemer leaving is that I get a blog post entirely dedicated to myself now!! That'll be fun.. can't wait to go and do the contacting by myself.. that'll be quite the expireience.. and also flying.. wow, never been on a trip bymyself ever, and now I'm going to be flying halfway across the world.. alone! looking forward to it though for sure.. it's something..

oh just an update, sister kraemer just walked into the computer lab, and informed me she's leaving in two weeks.. and the other dutch missionary's (all 14 of them) will be here when she leaves.. so won't be too bad.. won't be the only dutch missionary in the MTC =P

I have never in my life worn a V-necked sweater.. I'm a fan. Wore them for the first time this last week, and wow, there comfortable.. Wish I would have taken picking them out more seriously, because that brown one is UGLY!! but the gray one is pretty good.. if you could send me a black V-neck one before I leave that would be just swell! I'm sure dad you can find a good deal on one online.. and if not don't worry about it.. I still have the grey one and the ugly brown one!

I did teach for the first time on monday at the TRC in dutch.. it was quite the expirience.. were lucky that there's a lot of return missionary's at BYU that speak dutch and those are, our investigators there.. this last time we had two RM's who we taught.. the lesson went pretty well. I was worried about it of course leading up to it, but when I'm there, I'm teaching and I'm listening thoughts come into the mind of what to say, and grammatically I'm butchering the languague but I can at least say what I need to say, and they understand what I'm trying to say.. I have so much work to do though.. it's crazy to think about.. those children books are awesome.. I can understand the meaning of pretty much all of it, just certain words get me.. but I guess the major part of the languauge I'm having trouble with, is what to study.. I want to learn vocab, but I never use it, so it's pointless.. I learn vocab as I am in class and use it that way, so in Language study I've been memorizing the Articles of Faith.. I've got the first ten down, so almost done with them.. I've actually been able to use them a little when we teach in class..

So one of the big things that I got out of this week spiritually wise was on monday, I got theletter from you dad, and read about all the mess about what's going on at temple square with the protesting and what not.. the comments about Pres. Packer and I agree it is all stupid the protesting.. and so with that in mind I was reading in alma, chapter 5, and near the end of the chapter, in verse 58, it said something to the effect of "It matters not what you say or do, because the words of god must be fulfilled." and the verses before that was talking about pride, and how there lifted up in there pride.. Pres. Packer, and all the other apostles are speaking the words of God, and whoever questions that.. is filled up with pride, and those verses explain what's going to happen to them.. it was pretty interesting.. and definitely kind of neat that I read that right after I read your letter dad..

We have LGM's or large group meetings that we go to every monday, well this past monday as we were in one, a missionary stood up and told us his conversion story.. I thought it was pretty neat and pretty cool.. He was converted a year ago and he and his brother were converted at the same time.. there previous faith.. FLDS.. insane, never met one or heard of one before being converted to our faith.. he said as he was talking that the doctrine that he was hearing was no different from what he had heard his entire life.. and how he knew it was true.. he felt the holy ghost.. something he hadn't felt before.. Just confirmed to me, how important the holy ghost really is to us.. how amazing it is to have him as a companion in our lives to lead us and to help us with things.. the big thing here as we learn how to teach is to teach with the holy ghost.. as he is the greatest teacher.. really liked that.. and that elder the former FLDS one, was a true example of how the holy ghost can work in someones life..

Tot Ziens
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment