Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 6

Dag mijn familie!

Another week has indeed come and gone.. and what a crazy week it was! Do want to ask if you'll tell the Bjarnsons thank you for me.. I didn't have an address to send them a thank you, so my thank you I guess will need to come through you!

But yesterday, it finally happened.. We got an apostle for a devotional! Elder Russel M. Nelson came and spoke to us, and obviously we didn't know until he walked in, but since I missed out on singing in the priesthood choir, I've been wanting to try out the MTC choir.. so I did.. I went to it yesterday, learned the song (choir is nuts by the way, they never breath I swear!!) So I got too be in the choir and sing to an apostle.. it was pretty neat to say the least ;) Elder Nelson gave some awesome comments on how to be when you meet someone, always make eye contact, listen to names, really be focused and always have a smile on your face, he said to let people know that your excited to be there, and excited about what your doing. I really liked that.

Heading from the devotional to our room we had to wait by the door where all the missionary's exit out of, and as missionary's walk by, they look at the name tag (I was with an elder going to iceland) so we got a lot of comments about where were going and what not, one elder though stopped and said "Mohrman! That's awesome! Are you related to the Mohrman who works at the TRC?" I said I was, and thought it was pretty cool, that my mom has fame here at the MTC ;)

I've been making lots and lots of new friends. It sure seems like every Elder I meet that is in my branch, or in my hall, there great guys who I click with. I've been getting good friends with my companions and the other two danes, and becoming better friends with icelandic missionary's.. Norwegians.. Swedish.. English in our branch, so it's pretty neat to see this wide variety of people, and always have something in common with them. I've seen Brett a couple of times, I waited for him when he came in last wednesday.. forgot to tell you that, got a couple pics with him, but I really don't see him much.. Haven't been seeing much of anyone lately it seems like.. Have seen Spencer Turnbow, that was nice, he leaves next tuesday.. Which is also the day that Sister Kraemer leaves!!

Thank you very much for the packages, and all the letters from people I sent off a bunch of letters today, and still have a couple I need to write to Kim and Tiffani! But just to let you know, if I ran out of time on my p-day thank you =)

This week at the TRC we were able to teach an actual dutch man. He is on vacation. I guess he has gone on missionary splits every single week for the past 30 years or so, and all the missionary's that he's touched paid for him to come to utah for a couple months this summer.. pretty cool too meet him.. however.. wow. Dutch do not have the same sense of humor as americans.. In fact I've met a couple of dutch people, one elder is from the netherlands and he's going to hungary (exact opposite of sis kraemer, yeah.. pretty ironic =P)

Language wow.. it.. was going good.. now I don't feel so good about it. I've been trying to memorize the AofF.. but found out I really need to do more with vocabulary.. I have no vocab really to teach or really speak conversation wise, so I felt my first feelings of being overwhelmed.. it was silly though, because I've been teaching in Dutch.. and actually participating and what not.. I just panic.. did learn how to say that in Dutch so I'm all set!! =)

But yeah, I have my struggles, I work through them, just so you don't think life is all good with me =) But I am learning a lot.. I am growing a lot.. read Alma 32 the other day, it's an amazing chapter spent two days going through and marking it all up, getting both personal and teaching things out of it.

New dutchees are here.. kinda nice to be the "older district" =) Should really help my speaking a bunch!!!
There's 9 elders and 2 sisters.. two brazilians that were supposed to come didn't get there visa's.. it's a mess with that situation, but that's all good.. pretty good size district.. looks like they'll have there own district too, so I'm still a solo member of my district!! =)
Ik hou van jullie!

Tot ziens

--Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment