Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 7

Goededag!!

So i'm going to just get right into the this email, I tried something new today.. as a result.. I lost a whole bunch of time with my email, I only have 17 minutes to write, so keep that in mind as this is going to be really rushed! Lesson learned.. Never try to beat the system =P

Okay so last week I had said was able to sing in the choir for Elder Neilson, this week!! didn't sing in the choir, instead I chose to go for good seats and ended up 10-11 rows from the pulpit.. the speaker.. Elder Richard G. Scott.. yeah.. After having the fear and the dread of maybe not seeing an apostle at all during my stay here, I now have seen two in a row. last night was amazing, Elder Scott talked on how we can recognize, and follow the holy ghost in our lives, referred to it as spiritual guidance. It was an amazing talk, and the really cool thing is all the bullet points that he went over he had the MTC president give every single missionary a copy of it.. that never happens here or at least I've been told, so it's extremely rare, the copy centers have big signs saying sorry that can't and won't copy the document, there's a big old church copright symbol on it, so it's pretty legit!! But even with how good the talk was, and the points and all that, I just have to say Elder Scott is an amazing man. The coolest most spiritual parts of his talk were when he used his apostle power and gave 3 different apostletic blessings. One to the sisters so that they would have a shield of protection. One to the missionary's learning a language, that we will have the gift of tongues according to our faith, and then the last one was his closing remarks, he said as an apostle of the lord, not as Elder Scott I want to let you know that I Know.. Jesus Christ lives, He is my friend, he knows me and he knows you and his love for us in unimaginable. Pretty amazing, I have never felt the spirit so strong during my stay here at the MTC, so that means my whole life. It was a great way to cap off a most interesting week. He also talked about how spiritual guidance can be so personal its equivelant to a patriarthical blessing, so that's really cool about pettite sassou, if you could tell her congrats for me, that's a really neat step in her life.

New Dutchees, nine elders, two sisters, most of the elders have german base, so it's funny trying to listen to them speak dutch with there german accents. One elder is actually fluent in German, so pretty interesting group, after being gun shy the first couple of days, they have opened up and I've been able to get to know a lot of them, there going to be a great group,

And sister Kraemer is gone, she left early this morning, she was pretty excited to finally leave. So I am now tied for the smallest district EVER in the history of the MTC.. pretty cool huh ;) However, they just hired a new dutch teacher, so he'll be teaching with me a lot, so that'll be a pretty cool experience, I've had the opportunity to teach with a few return missionary's, and it's just an amazing experience. so I"m excited about that. My whole focus and push is to become a better teacher before I leave. I know that the language will come, and especially now I just need to have faith.. so yeah..
Another cool little story that happened, finally met Elder Mondragson, he is the elder that received my call. I guess he had been looking for me the whole time, and now that there's a whole bunch of new dutchees he stood by one of the sisters in line, found out where she was going, made the connection and me and him had a pretty cool little chat about it all. He's going to Tawain or however you spell that.. but yeah pretty cool to hear the story straight from him. Well so much to say so little time, it's kinda nice to be at the point where I won't have to see missionary's come in and then leave, saw my last english district leave this morning, some great elders, they actually came and knocked at my room at 5 in the morning to say goodbye, so still making a lot of new friends, one elder, who left on monday going to Norway, has become a really good friend and he slipped a little letter under my door before he left, I thought that was pretty cool, and neat. So everything is going great.. Keep me in your prayers, and I really appreciate all the letters and emails.. I read all the emails, so that's why this email is a mess, but they mean a lot

For the browns, my mailbox number is 206 =P
Okay tot ziens, and I'll be sending a letter also to finish up what I had to say.
Love you parents and family and whoever else reads this,
Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment