Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Den Haag week 4

Goedemiddag familie!

Another week.. pretty crazy how time can seem like it''s so slow.. then be so fast.. for me I feel like every day whether it's a monday or a tuesday or a saturday that it comes quick and it just feels like I had that day.. however looking on a broader block of time.. it feels like I've hardly done anything.. hardly been out on my mission!

Benschoplaan 42
2547 RJ Den Haag
Netherlands

That's my address.. I can't remember what I put the last time.. but I saw an envelope one of the other elders recieved and so I wrote down the address and just to make sure that you do have my right address I'm reapeating it!! Hope it was right all along, but never hurts to be safe right? =) I got my package from kim this week.. it is sick!!! Love the hoodie.. oh man can't tell you how good it feels to wear something nike again.. =) Bedankt kim, your awesome!!
Was a pretty eventful week, had mission interviews this week, and then this coming week I have my first zone conference and that will be in a city called Breda.. my companion Elder Hawkley served there for a while so he's going to try and hook us up with some dinner appointments down there.. it should be pretty fun. It was a good week for the fact that I think me and Elder Hawkley are finally getting more organized and on the same page in what we want to do.. pretty much all the goals that we set for the week, we accomplished lesson wise, and so that was pretty cool.. I would have to say it was one of my best weeks on my mission so far.. langauge.. still smiling, and still trying =)
My cool story for the week, one of our investigators named Nancy, she's the lady that we gave the blessing too where after she felt better.. well ever since that blessing she's been on fire, came to church the first time last week, said she loved it, and then this last appointment we had with her, she said that she will always come to our church no matter what.. she said that the only reason that she wouldn't is if her legs were broken,.. but then her faith would let her fly to the church! ha ha love the african faith =) She had a baptismal date set for febuary.. but now we moved it for the 22nd of january.. I'm pretty excited going to be my first baptism, of someone that I actually taught and saw the change in there life! She has this adorable kid too, about 1 in a half.. really fun to play with.. can't wait til we have a little guy like that in our family... (hint hint... won't mention any names but going to throw out a random color.. brown..s..) =D Also pretty interesting, We went over to this family's home this week not members, not investigators but just really devout christians.. the mother is from england.. well wales.. (I guess there's a difference?) =) and the dad is from Netherlands.. really nice people, were hoping that as we keep visiting them they'll ask us questions and then get interested in the gospel. But anyways the wife's maiden name is vaughan.. and when she found out my middle name she told me it was welsh because it was Englishcized from having the -an at the end to only having the n.. and what it means is "small"" so now I know what all my names means.. my name translated to it's origins is ""Joseph small dark/black man"".. thanks for the name parents =) ha ha love my name, just interesting and funny =)
Hope all of your weeks will go great, today for p-day were going to delft which I hear is a pretty good city, pretty old city, should hopefully get some good photo's!! oh yeah still need to send my card to you guys.. hmm.. I'll do that someday.. okay love you all
Tot ziens en tot de volgende voorbereidings dag!!
-Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment