Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Den Haag...week 5

Hoi Familie!!

I'm in amsterdam today.. it's pretty cool to be back, we went to breakfast with a bunch of missionary's in our zone, a member who's here on business always feeds the missionary's breakfast when he's around, he actually did when I was serving in amsterdam too, so us four in den haag decided to come up as well, and then spend our p day in Amsterdam, get to go to my first museum!! Probably going to hit up the Anne Frank museum, buy her journal in dutch since that's the original language that it was written in.. never realized that til I came here! Another member that was at the breakfast thing, was from Japan, it was fun being able to try and remember my japanese and talk a little about the culture and what not with him. I honestly don't remember that much but as he was talking I started remembering some random words. Like baseball! Yakyu! That's a good one to remember, I miss sports.. I haven't done any sports since I've been here.. I'm itching to play catch or shoot hoops.. play ping pong.. something!! Especially since the weather has been a lot better.. (meaning no snow) Still not the best.. raining a bunch right now.. every day non stop.. yesterday we were outside in the rain for about 4 hours non-stop.. I don't think I've ever been so wet for so long in my life.. it's been a blessing that I haven't gotten sick yet!! I went on exchanges to zuutemeer.. however you spell that.. and that's actually where the temple is!! So I finally got to see the temple.. after 2 and a half months my temple drought is over!! It was pretty sweet not going to lie.. something about temples.. the peace.. knowing that it's the house of god.. something that I really miss about Utah is just all the temples.. driving down the highway and seeing temples on your left then on your right.. Beautiful place where we live =) But the Netherlands when it's not covered in snow is a very beautiful place as well.. driving up and biking around, so many cool things to see, with windmills.. and old houses and artitechture.. canals, and boats.. really amazing scenery.. I was reading in my patriartichal blessing and the part about my mission said that I will learn to love the land.. I can see that.. didn't have much love when I came with it being so cold.. but as I'm getting used to things.. as I get to see the country how it really is.. I can totally see how I"m going to fall in love with the netherlands.. This last week language wise was the best it's been while I've been on my mission.. hopefully I'll say that every week, but this last week had my first conversations with complete strangers in dutch.. it was a few.. and not too complicated I guess.. but I actually understood what they were saying and able to respond and what not.. it was a nice glimpse to see what it will be like being able to talk really good! =) Me and Elder Hawkley have decided to do a new finding approach we ask people if they'll help us out with an opionion survey and then ask them who do they think god is.. were getting a lot more people who will actually talk with us.. instead of the whole not interested stuff they'd say before.. so were growing.. not very good at steering conversations to the gospel.. and getting people's numbers and setting up appointments or anything.. but it was a good start!! If you all want to share your ideas and what you did on your missions that'd be awesome.. or your thoughts on finding how you made it fun that'd be great I'd really enjoy reading that in all of your emails next week =)

Really excited about stefi's call.. I want to know where everyone else guessed.. but my guesses for country is germany, frankfurt... and for state will be the kirtland visitor's center.. I've been thinking about it a lot as I've been biking through the rain, and about all of you really.. have a lot of time to think when your biking =) But hey.. hope alles gaat goed voor jullie deze volgende week!!!

Love you all..and happy birthday to mom and Nikki!
--Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment