Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Den Haag...week 6

GoedeDag Familie!!

Hopelijk alles is goed met jullie! Wow, what a week!! Easily the best week of my mission! I mean granted having a baptism is always going to be a highlight of a mission, but even the rest of the week was just awesome! The Baptism for Nancy did indeed go through, it was an amazing night. Happened on Saturday, and my companion Elder Hawkley baptized her. She asked me to be a witness, which was pretty cool, because then I got to be in the front and actually see it =) But the whole week leading up to the baptism, meeting with her, talking to her about the baptism who she wanted to do what.. see her excitement.. she called us every day, asking us questions and concerns.. wanted to know if she had to pay to be baptized, and just funny little stuff like that. It was definitely a huge blessing for me to be able to have a baptism so early in my mission.. but also to see how strong of faith she had. She had the flu earlier in the week, and so we gave her another blessing. This time I had the opportunity to give the actual blessing while Elder Hawkley did the annointing.. and just like the first blessing we gave her, she said she felt the sickness leaving her instantly.. just an incredible lady. Got to bare my testimony at the baptism, and it was just an awesome, awesome night.
So another fun thing, I had my first expirience being the "senior companion".. We were in Harlem which is a city in the northern part of holland right by Amsterdam for district meeting, and we went out and blitzed the city meaning that all the companionships in the district go out and find for an hour around the same place. We mixed up companionships and I was paired with Elder Davies. This is my second Transfer and this is his first. So technically I was the senior companion'=) It was definitely a growing expirience.. I and Elder Davies were forced to speak, and help each other.. and actually it was the best finding I've ever done on my mission.. go figure right? ha ha But we taught a few lessons on the street.. got a number.. and oh yeah.. we got lost in the city for a few hours.. but we got some awesome pictures so it's all good!! =) Asked a mailman if he would take a picture of me and ELder Davies, and got to talk with him a little bit.. kind of interesting, doubt he would of talked with us if we would of just done the normal approach.. made me see that you have to be creative when talking to people! Work in progress, biggest thing I need to work on is sealing the deal, getting a persons number and asking for an appointment.. usuaully I just panic and give them a card and thats it!! =0 .. ideas are always helpful and appreciated =) (shout out to you dad thanks =)) I would love the testament movies if you could send like 5 or so.. I've been using the Joseph Smith movie and the whole packet that you sent me with the members.. been watching them with newly baptized and other members of the ward.. seem to be very effective.. the main thing that I need is leaves too.. Really love giving them out to people.. but I'm almost out.. and I have a list of people that I need to give them too! But Thanks so much for all that you send me.. I think the best things that you have sent me is the Mac and Cheese..and the Hot Chocolate.. Oh and the Hand warmers were a life savor when it was super cold =)
I got to finally play some basketball!! We live by this super big park, called zuiderpark, and we ride through it going to different peoples homes.. well they have a basketball court in there and on tuesday we were riding through it and I saw someone playing basketball, I asked Elder Hawkley if it was allowed contacting while playing sports, and so I went over and asked the girl if she wanted to play P.I.G.. It was awesome!! Couldn't believe how long it had been since I shot.. but it felt so good.. the girl was pretty cool, played in a leauge here in the netherlands, she was 17 I think from some african country, and of course if you were wondering I won =) But it was pretty neat, just able to talk to her while, and we'll see later if anything comes from it. We have a few new investigators one in particular who is super positive, his name is sun.. he's from china and when he met us and went to the jovo center with us (young adult center) he said that was the first time he's ever heard a prayer and then later that night by himself he said that was the first time he had ever prayed by himself.. pretty cool because he's so opposite of Nancy, yet he has that same desire to learn and grow.. were meeting with him tonight actually, really looking forward to seeing what will happen for him..
Hmm.. what else to say.. Went down to Belgium this week.. got all legal.. and also I'm legal in the Netherlands now.. 'so... yeah not really important or anything.. but hey just so you know =) oh hey also, if in the next package if you could send Some of tiffani's emails.. like all the ones up to where I am at on my misison.. I would love to re read them and just see how she was doing at the point of where I am at.. don't know if mitch still has his or not.. but just an idea I heard from another elder and I thought it was awesome.. would love it if you could do that.. and then whenver you send other packages you could just send the emails that correlate with me.. awesome! And if you wanted to put a letter in every package also.. that would be great too =) Best part of any package is the letter hearing from my parents =)

Okay you guys were spoiled this is way too long, can't let you guys think that this will be normal or something!!!
=)
veel leifde!
--Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment