Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Den Haag - Week 7

Heerlen? Where and what is Heerlen?
Transfers this week!! but of course you wouldn't think that I would be leaving right? I just got here to Den Haag.. already moved cities.. 3 cities in 3 transfers to start of my mission? No way who would ever think of such crazy nonsense, certainly i sure didn't.. but of course I learned once again that I can't predict anything.. I've been transfered.. again =0 craziness huh? =) I was spoiled serving in Amsterdam first then moving to Den Haag.. and that spoiledness just keeps on coming as I will now be serving in Heerlen. The ward in Heerlen is english and a lot of them are americans I have heard because it's right by an army base. I've been told it's refered to as "mini-america!" So awesome.. going from a marine companion, to an army ward.. Took me by suprise to be honest, Heerlen is the most southern city in the Netherlands mission on the border of Germany and Belgium. I guess I can be in three countries in a day, and the 3 point mark where all the countries meet up is in heerlen.. Knew companion's name is Elder Roberts.. don't know anything about him.. but you'll get all that info next week.. if I remember that is.. I don't think I explain my companions very well.. ha ha.. Well Bummer! Can't believe Stefani didn't get her call.. was waiting and guessing and talking about it all week!! That's a bit of a downer.. hope they didn't send your letter to someone else =) ha ha Well the past 3 weeks or so have just been awesome, me and Elder Hawkley have grown a lot together in doing the whole missionary thing.. this coming week that we had planned would have been just awesome, with all the lessens we have planned.. Was going to set some baptismal dates and what not.. but.. yeah.. Elder Hawkley will get to enjoy this week with a greenie.. he found out that he was training. The whole mission got shook up.. Lot's of changes. Elder De Meester for his last transfer was made a zone leader of the antwerpen zone.. which is the zone that my new city is in. So it will be good to be able to see him his last transfer.. His parents are going to pick him up so it'll be fun.. Hope you haven't sent to much stuff to me just recently.. Heerlen is in the middle of no where, in fact the closest elders to me aren't even in my mission, there german elders.. and then the next closest is french I think is what they said.. so yeah.. completely in the middle of nowhere =0 But I had a good time In Den Haag.. I enjoyed it more so then Amsterdam because I understood more.. taught bunches more.. and of course Nancy getting baptized will be the best memory I have from this place.. Little sad that the apartment is getting broken up. One of the zone leaders Elder Bastian is leaving also. We got along great and had a grand ol'time with each other.. We actually all thought that we would all stay for one more transfer, and we all wanted that too.. but.. yeah.. it'll be fun, and just enjoying the journey.. =) Winter is almost gone.. so excited to see the flowers, I've seen pictures from other missionary's and it's amazing here in this country.. well.. I don't know what more to say.. I"ve given you all the info I know about Heerlen.. This past week was awesome, but nothing too unique.. just have some awesome investigators here that Í'll miss a lot... but it's all good. Really enjoyed my time in Den Haag. I felt I made a lot of progress and growth being able to learn and watch Elder Favero and Bastian. Elder Hawkley and I were doing great. We have some really good investigators, one is named sun, and we are planning to set a baptismal date with him this week. He's come a long way, his first time ever praying in his life was with us. And he came to church this past week and enjoyed it. Also our other investigators our baptismal dates Jerry and Inus are making progress as well.. Inuz is a little scared to get married. She had a bad expirience before with a marriage not working. But Jerry is on board, and is looking forward to his baptism, and marrying Inuz. Looking forward to Heerlen =)
Love you all.. and thank you so much for the emails.. Everyone who sent me one gave awesome stories.. Stefani's japanese story (lack of a better summary title =P) Mom's tithing story, that was really neat, hope you send me that one in a package.. and yeah.. love you all.. Take care.. get a mission call or something Stefani.. and Tot Ziens!!


No comments:

Post a Comment