Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Heelen! Week after last...

Hoi Familie!

So today is monday.. but.. no p-day... Yup, our P-day has been changed due to the fact we will be going to the Temple this Week! Really excited.. I'll be there tomorrow.. so my long temple drought of I don''t want to think of how long will finally be over.. sweet. I knew this has been coming for a few months now and as it's been coming closer and closer the excitement and my thoughts keep going back to temples.. President Monson's talk this last conference on temples, I really really enjoyed.. The temple is an amazing place. I've only been a handful of times and yet.. I dunno.. just hard to explain.. I miss it.. so I'm glad to be going back. My companion and I have been going through the area book, there's three different ones in Heerlen, and some of them are really old dating back to 2003! And we've been having success in finding people.. going through and calling them up, or even going to there houses, and making appointments.. we've met some interesting people these past few weeks doing that. This past week a few days ago I forget what day exactly, We visited this lady who was taught maybe 3-4 years ago? But we talked with this lady on her door, and her background is muslim, but she had a rotten marriage with a muslim man, and so divorced him.. she then fell in love with a person from suriname who was catholic.. her family freaked out! disowned her and what not.. So the idea of "groups" or organized religion doesn't appeal to her at all.. but on the flip side she is respectful and beleives in listening to people and hearing people out, as long as they show the same respect to her.. she had some really good points about life and religion.. she said that if she wanted to talk to her god, she can do it wherever she wants.. in her car, at home, doesn't need to have a set place or way of talking to god.. we agree! She also asked us, some interesting questions, she asked us that if we fell in love with a muslim girl.. who didn't share our belief.. would we marry her? Or could we not look past the muslim in her.. From her background it was a very honest question, and a very good question.. immediately I thought about the temple.. and how I want a temple marriage.. but how do you explain that to someone with a background like she had, with all the pain she's felt due to the fact that her parents disowned her for marrying outside of there religion? I knew the answer I would give.. but didn't know how to explain it in a way that would help her understand.. it was a interesting, fun conversation.. The lady did say she would come to church and check it out.. see how were "unique" from every other christian church.. so hopefully she'll come this next week!
Talking with members here, Been able to hear many different stories about the Netherlands temple.. It seems that every temple has it's "miracle" stories. One of the members here is a temple worker and we stopped by to visit him one night, and we talked about the temple, different things that happened with the construction of the temple and what not.. So many stories that I just don't have time to share!! I guess you all will just have to be content with that there are cool stories that I've heard about it.. =)
We had stake conference this past sunday, it was in Brussels and we got to ride with a member here, he a cournel in the Air Force and actually just got stationed here a couple months ago.. Bro. Kitchen.. really neat guy, just another person on the list of amazing people I've met on my mission ;) Stake conference was fun, because a new stake presidency was organized, the old stake president was called to be an area 70 so you heard his name over general conference.. his name is hans boom.. so that was cool. But It was interesting to see the stake presidency get organized because I guess the last time I saw that happen was with Pres WIlardson.. but I don't really remember too much about it, cool to see how the church is run though.. Well.. as of missionary work here, like I said we've been going through all the old investigators.. we've also still managed to have success finding.. but yeah.. this week ended strong for me.. not going to lie I didn't have the best week this week feelings wise.. just didn't have enthusiasm, and I was sick.. so maybe that contributed to why I was thinking a lot about home and just thinking how great it would be to be able to go home for a day.. see you all.. talk to you all.. but.. I snapped out of it, with some of these neat expirences that I mentioned above.. so no worries here, back on track.. not that I was really off track.. I hope?! But anyways.. Don't know what else to write.. Shared all the neat expiriences.. umm... cool.. well thanks for all the emails.. I'm glad everything is good with everyone..(that wrote me emails at least =P ) Happy Nikki found a job.. and.. hope tiffani had a good b-day?
Love you all.. you guys mean the world to me!

Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment