Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Still in Heerlen!

Hoi Familie!
What a wonderful week! At least it sure feels like that when the sun is shining every day and my companion and I don't have to wear any jackets all week! Really nice.. For a couple days we just had our white shirts on.. It's interesting because now people gap and gawk and point and laugh ten times more than they did before.. but it's okay, at least they don't think were Jehovah Witnesses anymore!! Well.. at least the smart people.. =P

So for the past few months I've been thinking that I've been getting really fat.. Thinkin' that I'm pushing 180 pds or something.. well.. I just made a really great discovery.. our scale.. is in kilos.. and so what I was seeing was actually in kilo's and I'm only 75-78 kilos.. totally misread it.. and I did the conversion, and I've actually lost weight since the MTC!!! So much stress and guilty feelings as I ate different type of foods.. so.. yeah.. I'm not fat. Maybe that should of been the title of this email =P Thought I'd share that with you so you don't think I'm turning into a whale or somethin' out here!!

We had a really good week this week.. nothing too special with progressing investigators.. but we got a lot of new potential investigators. We went to the city of Maastricht for a couple of days, (just another big city in our area) and we had a lot of good experiences.. We got contacted by a couple ladies on back to back days.. which is not really normal.. the first one is from Peru, and she just came up and started talking to us because she knew we were mormon missionary's from our white shirts and just spilled her soul to us.. talked our ears off.. but we got her number and we have an appointment with her today in fact.. the next day were in maastricht were just chilling on the water front (maastricht has a huge river that goes inbetween it) (huge tourist city also) and this lady comes up and starts talking to us and asking us who we are and what not.. turns out she's from Romania and we also have an appointment with her today.. so pretty cool.. it makes missionary work easier when people come up and talk to you! ;) We also met with a referal we got from my old companion in Den Haag.. his name is Zahng.. from china.. been living here for 10 years.. doesn't speak any english just simple simple dutch.. and we were able to communicate with him with our simple dutch.. it was neat, he bought us McDonalds.. so cool experiences, cool people I got to meet...

With all these people that I got the opportunity to meet this week, made me think about all the different people i've met throughout my mission so far.. for me the people that I've gotten to know, mostly members, but also investigators and other missionary's even, I think is what I appreciate the most and love the most about my mission.. We have a couple members in Heerlen, that are just amazing people.. amazing families.. Example is a sister who was baptized in Suriname last December, her name is Zuster Van de Bos.. So nice.. so kind, and has a fiery testimony.. really reminds me a lot of Nancy back in Den Haag, my first baptism.. but Zuster VD Bos, she knows so many people, and talks to so many people about the gospel.. we have her son as an investigator right now and a couple other daughters as potentials.. Also the Ward Missionary and his family from heerlen.. the Chardon's.. there amazing as well.. and there's so many others in Heerlen and there's so many other's in the different cities I've served in.. easily the best part of my mission..

Well family, enjoy the week.. Happy Birthday to Tiffani.. hope you didn't think I forgot!! Just saving the best for last ;)

Tot Ziens

Liefde,

Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment