Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm stayin! Heerlen for at least one more transfer.. week 12 I believe in Heerlen

Hoi familie!

So you got an email saying the mission office and home have been moved, that is true.. it's crazy we found out about transfers yesterday and the whole mission is changing pretty much.. Where assistants and zone leaders are have all changed.. so it was fun to call around and here the different news.. me.. I'm staying. 3rd transfer it will be in Heerlen, I'm excited about it, I love this place, and it's really beautiful.. the ward is amazing.. I love the ward, every week I'm just becoming closer and closer with people here. Elder Mickelsen however is going away, he as been upgraded from District Leader to a big bad Zone Leader! It was pretty fun to see his face has he got the call.. he was pretty shocked. It was a good transfer with him, we worked hard. We had a lot of ups and downs missionary work wise.. had 2 baptismal dates that we set drop us after a couple days.. Karel at the beginning and then another one this past week.. kind of a bummer.. also a lot of investigators drop us for different reasons.. but we saw miracles in other ways, even though we kept being dropped we kept finding new people.. and so we've constantly stayed busy.. the biggest miracle for us came yesterday at church.. a couple of less-actives showed up to church that we had no idea were coming.. one we had a dinner appointment on saturday with, and I asked her if she would come to church, and she told me she couldn't.. but then she came.. and she said that she wanted to surprise me.. oh man, it was such a good feeling to see her at church.. We also had a less active who we met randomly on the street.. he came up to us and started talking saying he was baptized a couple years ago, but he went inactive because he got back into drugs that sort of thing.. but he wanted to meet with us and we've tried a couple times going over to his house to no avail.. but then he showed up at church too.. True miracles, and a really good way to end the transfer.. although number wise it will never show how good and amazing it really was.. My new companion is named Elder Leash I believe? Don't know much about him.. so it'll be fun.. I hope.. but yeah, this last week was pretty good, like I said last week We got to go to the temple on tuesday.. it was interesting.. did the endowment in dutch.. but it was just good to be back at the house of the lord.. after the temple we went to the famous keukenhof.. where it's world renown for it's flower gardens.. don't think I've ever taken so many photos of flowers in my life.. but hey it was for memories.. maybe the girls will find them pretty or something.. =P
Here is the new address to the mission..

De Kerk van Jezus Christus
van de Heiligen der Laatste Dagen
Schipholweg, 66
2316 XE
Leiden, Netherlands

So yesterday after church we went to a awesome family's house for Easter Dinner.. we had ham, and funeral potatoes.. and just a classic american meal.. the family is graet, they let us make a grocery list of american items we miss the most, and there going to go shoppping and buy them for us.. hmm.. well don't have to much else to share this week.. wish you all the best, excited to be able to talk to you guys on the phone on mother's day!! =)

Love you all, and thanks for all your emails and support, you guys mean the world to me.

Elder Joseph V. Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment