Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

happy new week and almost august...

Hoi Familie! 
Transfers yesterday, and suprise, suprise, I am staying in Den Haag, together with my greenie Elder Van Komen, and the other two hoodlums.. pretty sweet, I like this apartment a lot, and it's cool that we'll all stay the same for my last transfer!  I've made it number 16!  I'm going to stay District Leader, finish in leadership.. didn't really expect to, to be honest, but it happened and i'll do my best!  Crazy.. I was looking at the mission, and I figured out that I have been a missionary the longest over everyone in my mission.. more so even then my mission president!  And all the senior couples.. But I feel good.. Not feeling trunkie at all, no worries there.. hard to be trunkie when I see miracles left and right every day!! 
Ama Kusi.. our ghanian wonder here in Den Haag.. she is doing really, really well.. I have almost no doubt now that she will be baptized and that I will be able to see it.. super excited for her.  She came to church.. on her own!  Huge step, second time now that she's been, and I called later that night, and she answered the phone, and said "Mohrman!  Hello!! I feel happy!!  Thank you Thank you, Thank you! " Sweet old lady.. god is really blessing her with peace and happiness even though she is going through all sorts of trials!  But she's just letting everything roll off her, and looking towards god, and has the faith and knowledge that everything will turn out alright in the end.  Had some powerful lessens this past week.. I forget sometimes when things happened, it feels like I''ve known this lady for a long ol' time but I was looking at my planner for this past transfer and I realized we had only known her for a month!  So much happens in so little time!  But if I repeat stories, I apologize, things are starting to get blurred together with her ;)  But we taught her the plan of salvation this past week.. oh man.. I can honestly say, there is not a better feeling then applying the plan of salvation to someones life.. I had the strongest feeling to shape our lessen on the plan around the fact that her two sisters are passed away.. neatest thing to be able to say to this woman that after this life, she will be with her sisters again.. that her sisters are hearing about the same message of the restoration in the spirit world, as she is now from us.. she started to tear up.. she cried.. spirit was super strong.. She is building her foundation in christ like Helaman 5:12 says.. it's interesting, the anti for african people here in Europe is two times worse than it is actually in Africa.. In ghana the church is growing at a tremendous pace.. and the people are open there to hear the missionaries out.. but the ghanian people here, and other african countries, when they leave they get blasted that much worse with Anti, and it's that much harder to find people who are willing to listen to us.. interesting to see and witness.. the other ghanians are blasting Ama with all sorts of Anti nonsense, and she stands up to them saying, "no the church is good, the church is good" Ah I love this woman!  Her and Portia, our member from Ghana who has helped out so much!  They are two of of the most amazing people I have ever met.. But had other good lessens, she is getting more and more excited, and it was capped off with her coming to church on her own.  So that's the Ama update! Other news, things that happened, tid bits that you might find interesting to read..
We have a few other positive potential investigators, really hoping this lady named Rosa goes places.. she is half spaniard and half dominican.. super cool lady, she is the cleaning lady of a member we visit often, we started talking to her, and we answered a question she had about polygamy.. and then said, if you ever want to talk, that's what we do, and she said, actually I would like that very much.. and gave us all her information without us even asking.. really sweet.. neat spirit about her.. so we'll see what happens.. other things.. I swear, we have the worst bike luck in the world, wé have seen 4 bikes break on us in the past week.. we keep borrowing from the members and then that bike falls apart!  Finally I am riding a purple girls bike, and elder Van Komen was riding a bike without a seat.. oh man, we looked silly.. but he finally got a seat, and i'm returing the purple bike tonight, life and expiriences of a missionary!  The best was last night, were visiting a member, and we hear this loud thunder outside.. we look at each other then at the member and we say, we gotta go, keep in mind we don't have jackets or anything just white shirts and tie's on these goofy looking bikes, and we start pedaling super hard, and we got blasted by the rain.. I mean absolutely blasted.. We looked like two clowns I'm sure, and we made many dutch peoples nights ha ha That happens a lot actually.. getting dumped on.. joys of this place, never know when it's going to rain, and when it's going to be blistering humid heat!  Most of the time you get both in the same day, multiple times! 
But I think I've rambled on enough, thank you all for the wonderful emails, I love you all. 
Tot de volgende week!
Your son, brother, and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment