Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Another most excellent week...

Hoi familie! 
Another week, another day, and for sure making memories along the way!  Had a great week.. really great.. not just because we had an awesome saturday at a baseball game, but because god has blessed us so much with people.. finally we have progressing investigators, that I could really see being baptized, top of the list is Amma, our ghanian lady friend.  We had a great week with her, went to the social services place again on Tuesday, just for the final touches so we know, and she knows what she needs to do to get everything under control, and god has really been blessing this lady.. We were able to arrange meeting in a park here in Den Haag with Amma, and also a sister from ghana, same city in fact, and she served has her interpreter.. super amazing lessens, since we were able to get the legality stuff out of the way, or at least bring some comfort in knowing theres a solution, we have been able to focus on the spiritual aspect now, and she's taking off!  Espescially with Portia, the lady from ghana who is translating for us.. great questions, spirit super strong.. and the best thing is, she understands.. she understands our message... at the end of our saturday evening appointment, she asked the question, How do I know?  How do I know if this is the truth, because I was raised Pentecost, and they say there true, and so does all other churches.. we were able to teach prayer, and she lit up, she understood, and we used the book of mormon, and she knows that it's the word of god.. oh man, and then she came to church yesterday!  The member bless her heart, is really taking amma under her wing, and picked her up, and brought her to church.. amma had a great time!  Our mission president and his wife came to church in den haag yesterday, and talking with sister robinson afterwards she said wow, she was glowing.. and she was, turns out that Amma knows all the ghanian members here.. after sacrament meeting all the ghanians came up to her one by one and started talking to her.. she would turn to me and say I know him, or I know her!  super cool.. and then at the very end, the thing that really made me feel just super good and happy, she turned to me and mouthed with a big smile and her thumb up, "i'm happy.. I'm happy" Oh man!  Super cool!!  I'm excited, she can be baptized really soon, especially since she has the time, and the member has the time to meet whenever.. so in the next couple weeks, I'm fully expecting to make even bigger strides with Amma, and she will I imagine have a baptismal date for the end of this month or the very beginning of August.. and you know she'll make her date as well.. wow god has been so good to me on my mission.. I was looking back, and from about this time last year to now, I've always been blessed with at least someone who was seriously preparing for baptism.. just super neat.. I couldn't ask for a better mission then the one that I've been given!   Also this past week, which is also really, really neat, but when I was here the first time around in Den haag, more than a year and a half ago, me and my companion found this girl her name was Irene.. she was super cool, and a spiritual story how we even found her.. well I left and stuff happened so she stopped investigating, but now since I came back and this last week, Able to meet with her again, and invited her to investigate, and she said yes!  Has a big hill to climb naturally, who doesn't, but had a super good feeling about her.. not very often I think you could say you taught someone twice on your mission!  But I've been given the chance, so we'll see where it goes.. ;)  Well.. I love you all, and thank you so much for all your emails.. they are wonderful, and make my day every time!  Really happy to be getting emails from Grandma Mohrman now, she has wonderful insights and thoughts about life! 
Let's see.. trying to think about what else to write.. there's always many things I miss.. but in the moment I panic and get a stupor of thought as I write these emails!  My companion Elder Van Komen, is a wonderful guy, it's ridiculous almost how blessed I've been with companions.. just have been given some awesome guys to work with, Elder Van Komen has a story about everything let me tell ya.. our bike rides are never boring, I think we've talked about everything under the sun already, and were still finding more stuff to talk about!  He's progressing really rapidly, and it's been really fun to see him from day 1 scared, nervous not knowing how to do anything, to this point, where he has more confidence in teaching, and everything.. cool expirience!  I'm happy now that i've been given the chance to train, didn't really want to before =P 
Okay, well I think that's all your going to get out of me for this week, but i love you all, thank you all for everything, And I'll talk to ya in a week! 
Your son, bro, and friend,
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment