Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Hoi Familie!

Hoi familie!
Thank you for all the emails and prayers, saw some wonderful miracles this week.. oh man.. wonderful end to the week!  Are one true positive investigator, Ama.. you all know her story, all know that the previous week we had trouble meeting with her.. well we finally arranged an appointment, we went to a ghanian shop that she's working at for the moment, and when she came out and saw us, she lit up like a light bulb, and came over to us, and gave me and my companion the biggest hugs.. There is no stopping a 50+ year old ghanian lady when she wants to give you a hug =P  ha ha and we proceeded to walk to a nearby park talk to her a bit.. we had our member translator Portia there, and also Portia's friend Esther, who is an investigator for the other elders, and she's also a ghanian track star, has competed in the olympics and everything.. so that's who was all there, and the last time we had met with Ama we had asked her to read 3rd Nephi 11.. she did.. and when I asked what she got from it, or what did she understand she said something that blew me away!!  Think now for a minute about 3 Nephi 11 and what comes to your mind.. for me I think of the savior coming.. think of the destruction.. that sort of thing.. what did Ama get from it, after reading it just one time.. she says "If you accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, you need to be baptized.." I have never heard that before on my mission.. someone getting that out of 3rd nephi 11.. super cool.. we were blown away, and we proceeded to ask how does she feel about that, and she asked the sincere question about how she was already baptized, we read out of 3rd nephi 11 about how Jesus Christ gave the authority to Nephi to bapize.. she accepted it, said she will and wants to be baptized, and we set a date with her for August 18th.. it's just a goal, if she feels ready for that day, and we still need to teach her a lot, and she needs to come to church a couple more times, but I have no doubt in my mind that this lady is getting baptized now.. god has touched her heart, and I'm so grateful that I was able to see it! 
It was pretty cool because during the lessen, I was dominating the speaking aspect, but I stopped and turned to Elder Van Komen and asked him if he wanted to extend the committment, so he was able to do that for the first time on his mission.   It was also pretty cool, because our member Portia and the Investigator, were both baring testimony and helping her with other concerns that she had.. super cool to see.. so we have someone on date again.. and she's really positive.. and we also have been working a lot with the members, and we are starting to see the fruits of our work with them beginning to come forth.. Cool stuff!  Mission is the greatest thing in the world!
LIfe is great, just pluggin' along, seeing things happen, making memories, and I just have a very deep feeling of gratitude for everything.. I'm so grateful for so many things, and I'm really excited for this coming week!  Love you all, wish you all a wonderful week!
Your Son, Bro, and friend
Elder Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment